26 minutes ago, skuki said:

Nope sorry, I cant see that it is plainly obvious that kits curves are far too large.

Most of you guys, even the loudest one, gave up after photos emerged. Now are very quiet on facebook

that speaks for itself.

not saying that it is not too curved, just saying  that I can't really tell from the pictures, especially I can't tell that the "curve is FAR to large". I don't think you can either.

Maybe it would be best to continue once we get the kit. For sure, I will get one. Will see about more only after that....

Till then nothing is plainly obvious.

Perhaps  they have committed the irreparable ? ... 😬

4 hours ago, skuki said:

Nope sorry, I cant see that it is plainly obvious that kits curves are far too large.

Yes, the photos are at different angles but the proportions are pretty clear.

proportions_zps5phpycjl.jpg

Note the distances from the v-stab intersection to the (corner) edge of the fuselage at various points. Note how wide the kit is at the small oval shaped vent.

HTH

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Zacto you are using the very first photo that started all this....

On that photo amk kit looks like totally another kit, when compared to the later photos.

At first, even I when I saw this told to myself and my club members - no way, I'll pass this....

Just the other day other pictures showed up, and everybody on frenzy went silent.... (well, just a few remained of course, as we can see)

I won't count this picture you are referring to as it showed to be misleading because of the shadow on the edge  and it really looks different than the other photos of the same kit... If that is the best the complainters have... then it is not much

I'll repost my picture (one to the right), can't say that a difference, especially not huge, is visible (I am comparing to the other kit that didn't have any complaints so I assume people are satisfied with that shape) .

But I know for myself - if there is an issue it is faaaar smaller than it seemed like and presented at first. Therefore it will not affect my decision to buy this kit a bit, no matter the latter reviews.

We have new photos, and if we can't agree what we see on them, I doubt we will ever agree. Therefore I would like to retire from this discussion about curves, until I get the kit or at least until we get quality review that will come soon, I'm sure.

Cheers!

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-OfzExI5S6rhjKe.jpg.12c433189ad574b8ed055a07c7187baa.jpg

Edited by skuki
1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

Note the distances from the v-stab intersection to the (corner) edge of the fuselage at various points. Note how wide the kit is at the small oval shaped vent.

HTH

Sorry Zacto, you're not corect on the bottom photo with vertical stabilizer.  I've seen photos of this exact model on facebook from a different angle, the leading edge is actually down (to pitch nose up) and the camera angle is from the side not straight down (otherwise you would  not see the side of the vertical tail).  It is an illusion that the shape does not match.  If this is what you mean.

Edited by Jonathan S
12 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Thanks, now I have that stuck in my head for the rest of the night.... 

Ooooohhh... Heavy Metal's so Satan!! :rofl:You sound like my paps, Zach.

1 hour ago, skuki said:

But skuki, isn't the picture which Chris or Jonah posted above of the definitive kit that AMK gave away to some modelers for a trial build? The hips still look awfully off to me as well on the AMK kit. I can't even see any flat spot as I can see on the Tamiya kit by comparison 

2 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Ooooohhh... Heavy Metal's so Satan!! :rofl:You sound like my paps, Zach.

But skuki, isn't the picture which Chris or Jonah posted above of the definitive kit that AMK gave away to some modelers for a trial build? The hips still look awfully off to me as well on the AMK kit. I can't even see any flat spot as I can see on the Tamiya kit by comparison 

It's weird.

This summer and after, there are 3 majors releases, Eduard P-51, Tamiya P-38 and GWH new Su-35 boxing.

One kit is already in sale.

One kit is supposed to be released in october.

Last kit will be released soon.

For the 3 kits, we've got pics of detailed and sharp pics of finished kits and gazillons pics of sprues.

Eduard surpass themselves and litteraly show their kits in fuller detail, explain the design choices, etc.

Now, here, we've got just one pic of the more advanced build of the kit, provided here sunday by gb_madcat_sl.

And if you look the pic closely, the kit on it is almost done, major parts are assembled and painted.

And since, it seems the builder is more concerned in a comparison with the Tamiya's kit than finish the kit, and show how accurate it is.

6 hours ago, Zactoman said:

HTH

I am pretty confident that from the top view, the two models look identical. Dying to have outlines of two models drawn on a piece of paper for comparison. Or the horizantal tails. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms
11 hours ago, skuki said:

Most of you guys, even the loudest one, gave up after photos emerged. Now are very quiet on facebook

that speaks for itself.

Nope, haven't given up. Got a kit pre-ordered. Waiting for it to arrive. Then I can make actual comparisons with the Tamiya kit. Unfortunately, my Tamiya lit is mostly built, so I can't lay one fuselage piece against the other, but I will get out rulers and calipers and make measurements. I will make direct visual comparisons against the Tamiya kit and the many photos I have of the real thing. I will report what I find, good or bad.

Oh, BTW, after I saw how people who pointed out perceived problems were treated on Facebook, I decided not to bother over there.

At this point it's nothing that can be done. BUT I am curious if there is anyone here that is saying that there is no shape discrepancy from the actual plane that can show me WHERE is there a flat (or near flat) section in the area in question, at least by ANY pictures shown of any iteration of this kit? Anyone? I get optical illusions happen and camera skewing views etc...I understand that perhaps a nurse (?) MIGHT have some profound insight into how humans can determine visual shapes (though I'd love to see the text book on that subject that makes them more qualified than anyone else that deals in 3d imagery) and I understand that we are only dealing with pics at this point. BUT there are 2 sides here and one sees something and the other sees something different from the exact same pics. The people saying there is a shape issue have at least pointed to where they see the issue and have shown that it's a constantly curved line. At least in the photos that's what it appears to be. Can someone show me a photo that shows it to have any length of straight portion there? Because I don't see it. I'll admit I may be wrong. But I haven't seen anything showing that. And it is confusing at to which pic is what model and at what timef rame.

7 hours ago, skuki said:

Sorry, my bad.

I've been busy this past week and didn't realize that the pic posted on page 200 was the one that started all of this. I saw the pic and thought it was confirmation of the previous 200 pages.
I then scrolled through and disregarded the pics of the partial fuselage comparisons because they don't show the totality of the problem which includes the bladder area and the exhaust fairing. The comparison pics also don't have the v-stabs in-place so it's hard to compare the ratios of the width of the area in question.
Hold out hope! Perhaps they did re-tool it again. :thumbsup:

If somebody with the kit wants to prove that the shapes are correct they should take some pics of the (assembled) kit in the same poses as published photos of the real plane (or the Tamiya kit) for comparison. Ideally they would put the kit on a neutral background and attempt to match focal lengths of the real pics.

Looking forward to seeing the windscreen framing painted up...

14 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Wonder if @Sio will give away another kit for the first person to post on page 300 😂

Mark

I had been thinking about this! I will send 2 to the first one reach 300 pages.

Rock it up! Guys 

22 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

To be fair...

The above picture is a F-14A..which did have a different engine fairing than the D. 

There's absolutely no difference in the area we're talking about here.

Reason why other manufacturers use the same sprues for the main fuselage of A and B/D models.

15 minutes ago, Sio said:

I had been thinking about this! I will send 2 to the first one reach 300 pages.

Rock it up! Guys 

By the way, isn't it the good occasion to provide 3 sides view of the kit, something which will definitely close this discussion here and elsewhere? 

2 minutes ago, shion said:

By the way, isn't it the good occasion to provide 3 sides view of the kit, something which will definitely close this discussion here and elsewhere? 

Seriously?? close the discussion? lol whatever he posts will not close the discussion because blue green and red  lines never sleeps

18 minutes ago, skuki said:

Seriously?? close the discussion? lol whatever he posts will not close the discussion because blue green and red  lines never sleeps

You know, normally people would not have to ask this type of question. It is litteraly an aberration. 

It simply underlines how "strange" is the relation beween AMK and (potential) customers.

So, yes, at the 200+ page, on a topic about a model kit, we have to ask the manufacturer to provide a pretty basic and consistent rendering of the kit, which is supposed to be released soon.

Edited by shion
2 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

The TOMCAT is NEAR...

Which vendor is this? Looks like they charge you at the time you order.  HobbyEasy doesn't charge you till they are ready to ship.