1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Or, people who find accuracy and exploration of shapes and details of real aircraft vs model aircraft interesting and actually enjoy figuring such things out. But you people that continually want to bash people for seeing what they see and pointing it out can't accept that fact. You can't accept that people might actually care about such things. Instead you have to go out of your way to try to make those people look stupid, petty, egotistical or malicious. I think this behavior can be explained in several ways as well; a very big ego, insecurity, a business relationship, have nothing better to do, or personal grudge against individuals. If you love the kit, buy the kit. If you want to point out where the critics are wrong, then by all means do so. But demeaning them because of their critiques is pretty much middle school playground actions and frankly is a pretty negative stain on the model building community in general.

Curve issue point taken. 1000+ times

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

This thread was starting to be fun up until about 4 pages ago. That's what is disturbing, we went from fun to a bunch of squabbling all over again.

Sure, ok...

So, what's new?

1 hour ago, ijozic said:

Or better yet, why does it matter to you? Stick to the plastic and not to the people? 🙂

We can high-horse around this all day, but the point is that the molds are finalized and there's not much left to do, but wait till some reviewers or customers get their hands on it.

Actually, ye of little faith, there's PLENTY more to do. For instance. I can hope that you respond to this and it will be your 666 posts. THAT would be exciting.😀

And my horse isn't really all that high, just had a few too many apples.

Bill

Firstly, I do not intend to prove anything, just to point it out so that anyone interested might check it out when they have it in hand. 

To me the problem was not just the outline or curve but the slope of the fairing, you can tell the slope of that area by looking at the rear edges of the airbag, the real thing has some slope there too, but noticeable less than on the kit, which makes sense as the wing is not that thick, only slightly sloped surface is required to seal it from below when the wing swaps back(of course the slope increases towards rear to meet the exhaust). AMK seems to have improved the curve, so from the top view it probably look more or less perfect now, but the slope around the airbag is unchanged. A more sloped surface has more surface area, even the area is the same when viewed directly from above for example, that's why the fairing look strange or fat from many other angles. 

airbag4.jpg

Edited by delide
31 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

I'm more concerned about the green lines actually:

airbag4.jpg.e98b9db5b0a79e43cd5f6cc62dc160aa.jpg.cdf2e9b4612fc61b7eb8de044c43c42d.jpg

To me honest, I'm not concerned about this kit at all, shape is very important to me and I have already the Tamiya kits which looks faultless, just hope that AMK have really investigated the difference and improve their design for the future,  instead of being bitter at modellers, so that they may indeed be the best next time.

Edited by delide
7 minutes ago, delide said:

To me honest, I'm not concerned about this kit at all, shape is very important to me and I have already the Tamiya kits which looks faultless, just hope that AMK have really investigated the difference and improve their design for the future,  instead of being bitter at modellers, so that they may indeed be the best next time.

...assuming once again though that there is indeed something wrong with the kit (that none has yet in hand).

So, still nothing new.

I think we should stop now and wait.

14 minutes ago, DIO said:

...assuming once again though that there is indeed something wrong with the kit (that none has yet in hand).

So, still nothing new.

Well I gathered that AMK has modified their moulds a few times, which is part of the reason for the delays I guess, so at least there were some issues, I just hope that they truly understand what was wrong, no just because "they bitched about it badly so let's changed it"

Edited by delide
21 minutes ago, delide said:

Well I gathered that AMK has modified their moulds a few times, which is part of the reason for the delays I guess, so at least there were some issues, I just hope that they truly understand what was wrong, no just because "they bitched about it badly so let's changed it"

Exactly! IF there are no shape issues (still a big if) on the finished product that were there from the original CAD and test shots, I wonder if you guys who keep downing the line drawers will continue that or perhaps you might say "hey guys, thanks for HELPING AMK put out a great more accurate model that I too can enjoy". Time will only tell. But I'd say that AMK might have one of the largest on-line community of QC and research departments ever. It would be really wonderful if they'd realize that and perhaps be happy the line drawers are there. Or I guess you could name call. That might work too I suppose.

And I'm not even going to mention the fact that the spine looks like it stops waaay too short and meets the top of the tail section at about the point where the raised section for the wing fold panel lines converge instead of far behind it like the real plane. Ooops...I guess I will mention that. Might even throw up a PS image just for fun. Because you know, that IS fun to me. Not because of ego or malice, but because I enjoy studying these things.

But I will also say that slide molded nose process is very interesting. I love seeing the machines work like that. I'd love to see some more of the molding of this kit because there is a lot of interesting mold concepts going on there.

Bill

Edited by niart17
53 minutes ago, DIO said:

So, still nothing new.

"Stop"? Surely you jest! 300 pages here we come and someone will win not one, but 2 kits 😉

Yup. And also as the old saying goes, there's no such thing as bad press. This thread is helping AMK in many many ways. Some who would never even consider buying an F-14 might get this kit just to see what the hubbub is all about. The thread that just keeps on giving. Ya' can't stop it. 300 300 300 300 300

15 minutes ago, niart17 said:

And I'm not even going to mention the fact that the spine looks like it stops waaay too short and meets the top of the tail section at about the point where the raised section for the wing fold panel lines converge instead of far behind it like the real plane.

Bill

Never noticed that. but there it is

15 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Because you know, that IS fun to me. Not because of ego or malice, but because I enjoy studying these things.

Bill

I totally agree Bill. I think zactoman and myself are of the same mindset. I know the shape is off and would like to discover how. it's not about slandering AMK.

39 minutes ago, niart17 said:

And I'm not even going to mention the fact that the spine looks like it stops waaay too short and meets the top of the tail section at about the point where the raised section for the wing fold panel lines converge instead of far behind it like the real plane. Ooops...I guess I will mention that. Might even throw up a PS image just for fun. Because you know, that IS fun to me. Not because of ego or malice, but because I enjoy studying these things.

But I will also say that slide molded nose process is very interesting. I love seeing the machines work like that. I'd love to see some more of the molding of this kit because there is a lot of interesting mold concepts going on there.

Bill

Good catch.

A nearly one inch misplacement.

1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Exactly! IF there are no shape issues (still a big if) on the finished product that were there from the original CAD and test shots, I wonder if you guys who keep downing the line drawers will continue that or perhaps you might say "hey guys, thanks for HELPING AMK put out a great more accurate model that I too can enjoy". Time will only tell. But I'd say that AMK might have one of the largest on-line community of QC and research departments ever. It would be really wonderful if they'd realize that and perhaps be happy the line drawers are there. Or I guess you could name call. That might work too I suppose.

Haha, I guess that will never happen, I see even more downing coming IF no issue was to be found 😱  But it doesn't matter, I for one will continue to draw colorful lines as I see fit. 😀

I'd admit that despite the size, we/online community can not beat professional research though, like Grumman's support in Tamiya case, or on site research, I think if any manufactorer's standard is to produce the best kits ever, then they need to have a professional approach to research, being a professional/best tool maker is great but not enough.

2 hours ago, niart17 said:

Bill

Bill, could you post some pics that illustrate this? For some reason I'm not seeing it. :hmmm:

Seriously?  you experts just "discovered" something new?

Look at all of the pics of the plastic, don't cherry pick.  Better yet just wait for the plastic.  The spine is fine and it extends past the wing plate area, look at the bare plastic photos as the painted versions hide the curvature. 

giphy.gif

Edited by zerosystem