I recall reading about the licensing issues with the model car world. Some manufacturers see as a way of free advertising and others perceived it as a cash cow.

During our visit to Zvezda near Moscow it was emphasized that they pay attention to this question and have to contact the original manufacturers, like in Russia: the MiG or the Sukhoi people but also for the airliner kits for instance Boeing before they are allowed to make a kit!

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks everyone. I think you will be very glad to have this kit. We are really looking forward to the release and I am looking forward to making a few of them....

Martin I think you will have to make a little more than a "few" :lol: :lol:

I have 4 Hasegawa kits, 2 Monogram kits and even an Academy kit. Yeah I know, silly me. Even with that I am looking forward to this new one. You can never have enough F-14s. Well I take that back, yes you can because you would then need to replace them with F-4 Phantoms :rofl:

You'd be wrong on that. They most assuredly can and do demand licensing fees from model manufacturers. Here's the "Boeing Licensed" emblem on the Tamiya 1/32 P-51 kit...

Since I'm into modeling in different forms.....in Railroad Simulations...even the copying of a roadname needs licensing...and UP (Union Pacific) is one of the biggest sticklers on this point, the folks who create even a box car with UP on it, has to be licensed, and it follows form all down the line. UP figures its ours and if you want to use it, ya gonna pay us for it, though they get free publicity, etc in the deal.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Hi,

I am afraid that we will not divulge any business discussions in the affirmative or negative until any potential deals are agreed with any AMK partners (sales, distribution, funding, advertising, licensing, manufacturing or research).

To do so could easily jeopardise any ongoing or potential negotiations. Please do not read between the lines here either.

Business matters are extremely sensitive things as I am sure you appreciate. I would not want to place any pressure anywhere, besides, this information could be seen as financial insider dealing. Sorry but my lips are firmly sealed on all matters to do with licensing and business.

Thanks.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

Hi,

I am afraid that we will not divulge any business discussions in the affirmative or negative until any potential deals are agreed with any AMK partners (sales, distribution, funding, advertising, licensing, manufacturing or research).

To do so could easily jeopardise any ongoing or potential negotiations. Please do not read between the lines here either.

Business matters are extremely sensitive things as I am sure you appreciate. I would not want to place any pressure anywhere, besides, this information could be seen as financial insider dealing. Sorry but my lips are firmly sealed on all matters to do with licensing and business.

Thanks.

All I wanna see is the AMK Tomcat available for purchase, all the other stuff ain't my concern; :hmmm: now where can I get mine?.

I would encourage people to not get impatient regarding new news. Doing things right takes time, and that means there could be several lulls in the action before there is anything worth reporting.

Word

28 pages and nothing on the kit itself. Can we get a new thread when there is something on the actual kit itself (i.e CAD/sprue shots etc) That way I won't keep getting my hopes up everytime I see a new post in this one :D/>

Edited by a4s4eva

28 pages and nothing on the kit itself. Can we get a new thread when there is something on the actual kit itself (i.e CAD/sprue shots etc) That way I won't keep getting my hopes up everytime I see a new post in this one :D/>/>

I hate that too :thumbsup:

28 pages and nothing on the kit itself. Can we get a new thread when there is something on the actual kit itself (i.e CAD/sprue shots etc) That way I won't keep getting my hopes up everytime I see a new post in this one :D/>/>

I guess if everyone stopped posting "I can't wait" or asking for a release date this thread would be about 4 pages.

John

The licensing issues are easily circumvented with some imaginative titling.

Dragon have not paid licensing ever for things like the Jeep etc.

Because it's not a Jeep its a 4x4 vehicle.

Nor to Continental for the tyres because they are spelt Comtinental on the tyres.

Just like this could be Gruman Or 1980's Carrier a Fighter etc.

There are very easy ways around it should companies want to go that path.

Boeing claims all the aircraft of all the companies it owns are now rightfully Boeing aircraft.

Ie the Boeing DC-3...lol..Boeing SBD Dauntless..etc.

For that alone they deserve the condemnation of anyone interested in history.

To claim IP is one thing to put out books and calendars claiming you "built" these aircraft is simply blatant lies...

Looking forward to AMK's Tomcat and waiting on the latest 31 in the post as we speak!

Edited by dehowie

Sorry for the lack of activity. I have been in Norway on business again.

We have been doing some discussions and there are some exciting things to announce very soon.

Of course I wouldn’t want to be too bold and announce before the deals are done but I hope to be discussing an announcement strategy with someone in the coming week or so.

Please be patient. You will be expecting the last word in Tomcats so this takes time. You know by now we strive for as close to perfection as we can so give us the time to do this and you will not be sad with the outcomes.

I promise you that I am currently discussing schemes and what “we” have to tell you soon is worth the wait.

Keep making suggestions for schemes as these are being looked into with your want list in mind. If you don’t ask you won’t get (unless we hit it lucky).

:thumbsup: