Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

Recommended Posts

Working through the sprues one by one I think until they get the quality they are striving for while trying to meet other deadlines.  Typical project management headaches to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

Working through the sprues one by one I think until they get the quality they are striving for while trying to meet other deadlines.  Typical project management headaches to deal with.

 

 

yeah, right.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

 

Sio has mentioned that there are some test shots still in the system and that's what the initial display builders will encounter while they fine tune the whole pipeline for mass manufacturing and delivery.

 

So, they gave this bunch of highly skilled builders test shots to build as a way of displaying the quality of their product? Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the kit is supposed to be shipping to distributors...in a few days and they're still working off test shots? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day they are clutching at straws to cover the deficiencies we spoke about 18 months ago.

Panel lines to deep and wide was always a concern.

Cant wait to see the test build where they are using the multi part canopy and how they intend gluing the panels in invisibly. Unless they are a click fit??

Have 2 on preorder so looking forward to seeing it in the plastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

So the kit is supposed to be shipping to distributors...in a few days and they're still working off test shots? 

 

Seems that whenever a possible issue is pointed out now, the first thing they say is, "oh, those are pre-production, test shots. Everything will be better when the REAL parts arrive".  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, F-16 said:

Now Sio is offering "signed" copies of the Tomcat and weapons kits....

 

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/

 

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

 

Oh good grief. They are full of themselves aren't they. Signed copies. If I wanted a signed copy of a kit from a manufacturer it would be Mr. Tamiya. THAT would be worth something in my book. Mr. Tamiya deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award for what he has done for the hobby over the years. I am sure there are other people in the model business who deserve recognition too. Signed copy of the AMK F-14 kit my a&*#. :action-smiley-081: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Many are asking for my signature on the Tomcat and Weapon Set boxes.

 

should read:

 

Quote

Many are asking where are the Tomcat and Weapon Set kits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, F-16 said:

Now Sio is offering "signed" copies of the Tomcat and weapons kits....

 

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/

 

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

OH PLEASE!!!! A SIGNED COPY????? What is with the rabbid booty kissing??? Well, if someone gets a free kit out of it; by all means. But seriously, smdh

Edited by goondman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, habu2 said:

 

should read:

 

 

habu2, this sounds you might be coming around to the disgruntled dark side, is this a first negative post from you on the subject or am I just crazy? or both? 😀

 

Seriously though, this does seem a bit bazaar. I remember back in the beginning of this thread there was mention of the term "fanboys" and it was pretty much being used in a totally inaccurate way about the negative comment people. (still can't figure out what he was trying to say) But this? this might actually be a true instance of fanboys. 🤣

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see anything wrong about it. Sio doesn't demand any extra fee for it, if someone want it then why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep your indignation comments to yourselves. Keep this thread on topic...that is ... The kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mstor said:

If I wanted a signed copy of a kit from a manufacturer it would be Mr. Tamiya. THAT would be worth something in my book. Mr. Tamiya deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award for what he has done for the hobby over the years...

I'd take a signed copy of this box art from Mr. Tamiya...

Image result for tamiya ford gt

...my Son would love it framed on his wall (its his favorite car...hence my current build). Never happen though...:crying:.

 

That or anything from Shigeo Koike! The master (in my opinion of course) of box art.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Please keep your indignation comments to yourselves. Keep this thread on topic...that is ... The kit.

 

Roger. I apologize for my inappropriate behavior. :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Please keep your indignation comments to yourselves. Keep this thread on topic...that is ... The kit.

Check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Please keep your indignation comments to yourselves. Keep this thread on topic...that is ... The kit.

 

Remember guys. The appropriate tune for Terry Sumner's silent marauding of this thread.

 

 

Oh, look; that's habu2 in the water... :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

 

I think it’s worth replying with this photo included because there’s a lot to like here: the ribbing on the inner exhaust petals, the inclusion of closed nozzles, the fact that the open nozzles are composed of 5 parts each, the combination of recessed and raised rivets on the boattail...

 

Close-up photos can be very unkind. By the same token, a photographer can share only the shots that are the most flattering. But I don’t think these parts are a fluke - this will be a very good kit and I’m looking forward to it landing on my work table.

 

Makes me want a MiG-31. I’ve never wanted a MiG-31...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrew.deboer said:

 

I think it’s worth replying with this photo included because there’s a lot to like here: the ribbing on the inner exhaust petals, the inclusion of closed nozzles, the fact that the open nozzles are composed of 5 parts each, the combination of recessed and raised rivets on the boattail...

 

Close-up photos can be very unkind. By the same token, a photographer can share only the shots that are the most flattering. But I don’t think these parts are a fluke - this will be a very good kit and I’m looking forward to it landing on my work table.

 

Makes me want a MiG-31. I’ve never wanted a MiG-31...

I agree, there are some beautiful things happening with this kit. But I do also think that the panel lines at least APPEAR to be pretty wide with soft edges. Not saying it alone is a deal breaker but to me it sort of has the look of a modeler that took an old Monogram kit with raised lines and did a re-scribe on it. A good re-sribe, but not the really super crisp lines you see on some other modern kits. But as everything, there is a cost ratio balance and I'm sure panel line machining cost were sacrificed a little to facilitate some of the other things they did do well. It's a give and take. That's not a slam on them,  just an observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I agree, there are some beautiful things happening with this kit. But I do also think that the panel lines at least APPEAR to be pretty wide with soft edges. Not saying it alone is a deal breaker but to me it sort of has the look of a modeler that took an old Monogram kit with raised lines and did a re-scribe on it. A good re-sribe, but not the really super crisp lines you see on some other modern kits. But as everything, there is a cost ratio balance and I'm sure panel line machining cost were sacrificed a little to facilitate some of the other things they did do well. It's a give and take. That's not a slam on them,  just an observation.

 

Panel lines do not look soft at all. Actually the opposite pretty much like those in their mig-31. Obviously not like those on a Hasegawa model, but I never liked those anyways. They made my life so hard with wash.


The detail is also amazing.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

The weapon Rail in the pic is an F-14A/B Weapon Rail, it is not a rail used on the F-14D.

 

F-14D Weapons Rails did not have the hinge running down the middle of the side panels, those were only on the rails used on the F-14A/B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GW8345 said:

The weapon Rail in the pic is an F-14A/B Weapon Rail, it is not a rail used on the F-14D.

 

F-14D Weapons Rails did not have the hinge running down the middle of the side panels, those were only on the rails used on the F-14A/B.

 

Are you referring to the Phoenix rails?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...