How about this scheme? VF-33 Tarsiers

f14a33p.jpg

+1 for this, stunning scheme, with the potential for nice weathering if wanted by the modeller, and a nice, not too gaudy scheme. always liked vf33 in this guise.

Edited by dryguy

+1 for this, stunning scheme, with the potential for nice weathering if wanted by the modeller, and a nice, not too gaudy scheme. always liked vf33 in this guise.

That is a cool scheme, but don't forget their first cruise scheme...that was :wub: :wub: :wub:

The Sundowners scheme is available on a recent Fightertown sheet. The VF-33 scheme is on the way from what I've been told, as well as the VF-41 scheme with the tapered red slash on the tail, similar to what they have on their Super Hornets right now. The PMTC jet would nice. I've been wanting that camo VF-1 forever. I have a couple of pictures of it on the ground out of a magazine, but I don't think there's enough to do a completely accurate set of decals. Of course, I'd take 80% at this point! The colors are also intriguing. The hi-vis VF-1 scheme is also available on a Fightertown sheet.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vf-84 and Vf-111 as much as the next guy but they have been done to death IMHO. I know I know, there is probably some obscure 84 or 111 scheme that hasn't been done yet. But there were a lot of other squadrons who flew the F-14 so why not go with something rarely done or that hasn't been done in a long while. Aardvarks, Black Lions, Checkmates, Star Fighters etc. Hey, just my two cents FWIW.

:cheers:

I predict that once the AMK kits come out, there will not be a single F-14 scheme from any squadron at any time period that won't be covered by some decal manufacturer or other.

I predict that once the AMK kits come out, there will not be a single F-14 scheme from any squadron at any time period that won't be covered by some decal manufacturer or other.

So true!

Even the freaky schemes from det. at Fallon.

I wonder how many Hasegawa and HobbyBoss kits will be sold off from people's collections once it is available on the market.

Edited by Gunfighter 124

Sorry for the lack of activity. I have been in Norway on business again.

We have been doing some discussions and there are some exciting things to announce very soon.

Of course I wouldn’t want to be too bold and announce before the deals are done but I hope to be discussing an announcement strategy with someone in the coming week or so.

Please be patient. You will be expecting the last word in Tomcats so this takes time. You know by now we strive for as close to perfection as we can so give us the time to do this and you will not be sad with the outcomes.

I promise you that I am currently discussing schemes and what “we” have to tell you soon is worth the wait.

Keep making suggestions for schemes as these are being looked into with your want list in mind. If you don’t ask you won’t get (unless we hit it lucky).

:thumbsup:/>

282b95411927f12e9cc5db9c36473cc6bc946d7fb81039f8a1441d05b6f00fc5.jpg

So true!

Even the freaky schemes from det. at Fallon.

I wonder how many Hasegawa and HobbyBoss kits will be sold off from people's collections once it is available on the market.

All the Hase kits are gone but I'll hold on to the few Hobby Boss kits I have left until the AMK kit drops. If the price point is near the Mig-31, I'll be keeping them.

whatever you all decide to mold is your own business. I could make you a list of a dozen jets alone, and be good with any of them as long as you start with an F100d as good as that Mig!! I'm getting somewhat impatient for a pair really early F14a's. Each time I see an F14 with early Wolf Pack paint I get that warm feeling! Plus you could simply scale it up or down, and run away with the market!

gary

• 1 month later...