Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Keroburner89 said:

 

Wow... I nabbed a few of these in AUD at $75/ $52USD.

 

It's about half the price of Tamiya's at RRP here in Australia.

 

3 of the AMK preorders was a no brainer!

 

Where was this at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

 

 

Problem is the attitude. There is a crusade against AMK. I dont like it. No one cares this much for other releases from other companies. The "issue" is really not significant and burying all the PLUSES of the AMK kit. 

 

Your not getting the big picture here the reason you don't see 200+ page threads on other companies kits is they don't take 4 years to put out a kit and they don't claim it to be the most accurate kit ever released of a certain subject. When you proclaim your kit to be the most accurate kit ever released of the F-14D  you better be prepared to have it put under a microscope.  The "issue" as you say is significant as it is a very noticable shape error on a very wellknown aircraft and I do agree that it does look like a well molded kit. But there has been a few beautifully molded kits that are still not the best kit in that subject the 1/32 Dragon P-51D comes to mind.

 

AMK can proclaim whatever they want about the kit it's up to us to buy it or not and like Alex said buy it or don't buy it. I for one won't buy  it and not because of anything said in this thread, I just happen to have 5 1/48 Tamiya kits and 2 in 1/32 plus 2 in 1/72 so I'm well stocked.

 

Don

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

 

Just to check, are you comparing prices on Japanese websites?

 

Mark

 

No im buying kits on the street in Japan.

Americans have a fascination in basing a kits price off what they pay then assume the entire world is the same.

Sorry to my American friends but the axis of our planet does not run through Washington DC.

Hence drawing conclusions about kits success etc based off what they pay is as fraught with error as me saying everyone xan buy Tamiya kits for 5200Yen ie 45-50USD so AMK stand no chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I'm good. Shipping is $30 to the US. Hobbyeasy.com seems to have dropped the product entirely from their catalog as I can no longer find it.

 

Does anyone have any experience with a website called HobbyModels.com?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

 

No way. That is not accurate, in my opinion, Where do you live? Tamiya is only cheaper in Japan vs AMK. That is. 

 

I live in Australia but frequent Japan on trips.

No way? What is no way?

For me to pre order the AMK kit from Hobbyeasy to get two kits was 55.00USD per kit. Sincerehobby was even more expensive for shipping at 68USD the supposed official pre order shop.

To ship them was for both was 54 so 164USD for two kits which converted is 230AUD or 250 AUD from the official source.

Feel free to check the numbers on Hobbyeasy and Sincere hobby.

So 115(125sincere)per kit for AMK shipped vs 130 for Tamiya shipped.

So a 15% or 5% difference in price is hardly a huge difference by any stretch.

Now Sprue borthers charge 91/99 for the Tamiya F14A/D the difference is larger.

However who is to say Tamiya wont drop there price when Amk hits the shops, well whatever limited shops they can get them to as they have no distribution network.

In Japan the F-14D is 6400 on the street before your Visa card discount of 10% so 5700 Yen call it 52US which is in my dollars around 80 so call it 35 bucks cheaper to buy Tamiya than an Amk kit. Again no distribution in Japan so mail order is the only way until the kit hits the limited few shops they can get them into.

Amk have no preorder available inside our country which again based off there lack of distribution network is no surprise.

In short because they have no preorder except via mail and no distributor the price is far closer outside the US than in and drawing conclusions that the Amk kit is way cheaper is simply wrong based off the USA pricing.

Its a big world.

Would you pay 15% more or 3% from official distributor for an accurate F-14 as opposed to a nice kit which is not?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by dehowie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Wow. I'm good. Shipping is $30 to the US. Hobbyeasy.com seems to have dropped the product entirely from their catalog as I can no longer find it.

 

Does anyone have any experience with a website called HobbyModels.com?

hobbyeasy

 

it is on the front page currently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered one from Hobbyeasy about a month ago. $54.67 for the kit, $17.24 for shipping to the US. Not too bad in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I ordered one from Hobbyeasy about a month ago. $54.67 for the kit, $17.24 for shipping to the US. Not too bad in my book.

I ordered the AMK TOMCAT in 2017 $44.99

 :smiley-transport006:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

I ordered the AMK TOMCAT in 2017 $44.99

 :smiley-transport006:

 

Yeah, rub it in. Need a little salt to add to my wound :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

I ordered the AMK TOMCAT in 2017 $44.99

 :smiley-transport006:

 

26 minutes ago, Mstor said:

 

Yeah, rub it in. Need a little salt to add to my wound :thumbsup:

 

And your both still waiting :monkeydance::tongue-in-cheek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

I ordered the AMK TOMCAT in 2017 $44.99

 

 

Don’t know about exchange rate but that’s $47.10 in 2019 dollars...   :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dehowie said:

 

I live in Australia but frequent Japan on trips.

No way? What is no way?

For me to pre order the AMK kit from Hobbyeasy to get two kits was 55.00USD per kit. Sincerehobby was even more expensive for shipping at 68USD the supposed official pre order shop.

To ship them was for both was 54 so 164USD for two kits which converted is 230AUD or 250 AUD from the official source.

Feel free to check the numbers on Hobbyeasy and Sincere hobby.

So 115(125sincere)per kit for AMK shipped vs 130 for Tamiya shipped.

So a 15% or 5% difference in price is hardly a huge difference by any stretch.

Now Sprue borthers charge 91/99 for the Tamiya F14A/D the difference is larger.

However who is to say Tamiya wont drop there price when Amk hits the shops, well whatever limited shops they can get them to as they have no distribution network.

In Japan the F-14D is 6400 on the street before your Visa card discount of 10% so 5700 Yen call it 52US which is in my dollars around 80 so call it 35 bucks cheaper to buy Tamiya than an Amk kit. Again no distribution in Japan so mail order is the only way until the kit hits the limited few shops they can get them into.

Amk have no preorder available inside our country which again based off there lack of distribution network is no surprise.

In short because they have no preorder except via mail and no distributor the price is far closer outside the US than in and drawing conclusions that the Amk kit is way cheaper is simply wrong based off the USA pricing.

Its a big world.

Would you pay 15% more or 3% from official distributor for an accurate F-14 as opposed to a nice kit which is not?

 

 

 

 

 

 

????

 

 

 

Hobbyeasy prices for AMK F-14 is = *428* HKD , Tamiya F-14A = *649* HKD. 

 

Plus shipping for both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DONG said:

 

 

And your both still waiting :monkeydance::tongue-in-cheek:

 

Me?  Only since August, this year :naughty:

 

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

????

 

 

 

Hobbyeasy prices for AMK F-14 is = *428* HKD , Tamiya F-14A = *649* HKD. 

 

Plus shipping for both. 

 

Can I get that in 2017 Tajikistani Somoni? :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

 

 

Of course you know more but from the past releases of GWH, it generally took max 1 year for GWH to come up with the plastic after the announcement. 

Why you believe I know more?

I'm just a friend of GWH boss, not an employee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, shion said:

Thx.

 

Hi !

 

Are you suddenly short of words or is your keyboard disabled ?

 

It took me just 3 words to get the clue :

F-14 Wing Bladder

 

A space of time much shorter than you needed to write your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been working on mine for about a week and its a fantastic kit.  It has more options and details than the Tamiya offering (I've only built the A).  I prefer how the Tamiya executed the front windscreen over the old-school method of dropping the canopy onto the forward fuselage.  That's the only thing I see superior in the Tamiya kit when compared to AMK.

 

You won't be disappointed when you get your hands on one.  It was worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dehowie said:

 

I live in Australia but frequent Japan on trips.

No way? What is no way?

For me to pre order the AMK kit from Hobbyeasy to get two kits was 55.00USD per kit. Sincerehobby was even more expensive for shipping at 68USD the supposed official pre order shop.

To ship them was for both was 54 so 164USD for two kits which converted is 230AUD or 250 AUD from the official source.

Feel free to check the numbers on Hobbyeasy and Sincere hobby.

So 115(125sincere)per kit for AMK shipped vs 130 for Tamiya shipped.

So a 15% or 5% difference in price is hardly a huge difference by any stretch.

Now Sprue borthers charge 91/99 for the Tamiya F14A/D the difference is larger.

However who is to say Tamiya wont drop there price when Amk hits the shops, well whatever limited shops they can get them to as they have no distribution network.

In Japan the F-14D is 6400 on the street before your Visa card discount of 10% so 5700 Yen call it 52US which is in my dollars around 80 so call it 35 bucks cheaper to buy Tamiya than an Amk kit. Again no distribution in Japan so mail order is the only way until the kit hits the limited few shops they can get them into.

Amk have no preorder available inside our country which again based off there lack of distribution network is no surprise.

In short because they have no preorder except via mail and no distributor the price is far closer outside the US than in and drawing conclusions that the Amk kit is way cheaper is simply wrong based off the USA pricing.

Its a big world.

Would you pay 15% more or 3% from official distributor for an accurate F-14 as opposed to a nice kit which is not?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...or how to make simple things, extremely complicated!

 

The AMK kit is today cheaper than Tamiya. If you have a local distributor or not for both, or if someone paid a pre-order to a rediculus price 2yrs ago, is just irrelevant today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Does anyone have any experience with a website called HobbyModels.com?

No experience but I personally don't like websites with no address, phone and email information and providing just a form as the only way to contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dehowie said:

 

No im buying kits on the street in Japan.

Americans have a fascination in basing a kits price off what they pay then assume the entire world is the same.

Sorry to my American friends but the axis of our planet does not run through Washington DC.

Hence drawing conclusions about kits success etc based off what they pay is as fraught with error as me saying everyone xan buy Tamiya kits for 5200Yen ie 45-50USD so AMK stand no chance.

 

You do know that the price comparison between Tamiya and AMK in Japan isn’t fair right? Japan slaps a hefty import tax on foreign imports, making non-Japanese kits much more expensive to acquire there.

 

Just take a look at the Hobby Search website. A Revell 1/48 F-14D costs the same as one from Hasegawa!

 

48717030347_d098f89e1e_b.jpg

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dehowie said:

 

No im buying kits on the street in Japan.

Americans have a fascination in basing a kits price off what they pay then assume the entire world is the same.

Sorry to my American friends but the axis of our planet does not run through Washington DC.

Hence drawing conclusions about kits success etc based off what they pay is as fraught with error as me saying everyone xan buy Tamiya kits for 5200Yen ie 45-50USD so AMK stand no chance.


Yeah, I base a kit based on what I pay, because I'm an American and I pay for things in America

 

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton
Being polite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa whoa...comon guys, no need for that. This thread has enough drama without having to add "Your country's conceded" comments and "shove it responses". I too felt like dehowie was a bit rude with his comment about Americans, but whatever. No need to escalate it beyond an "eye roll" or something in my opinion.

We'll NEVER get to 300 if it gets shut down because of personal attacks. And I for one am shooting to get those 2 free kits, warts and all. LOL

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...