ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Yeah, I base a kit based on what I pay, because I'm an American and I pay for things in America

Just to let you know, America is a continent. You live in USA, America have lots of other countrys, that not have the same pricing as you have.

17 minutes ago, joscasle said:

Just to let you know, America is a continent. You live in USA, America have lots of other countrys, that not have the same pricing as you have.

America is not a continent.  North America is a continent.  South America is a continent.  America is the United States of America, a county located in the continent of North America.

Now see this thread just went and did something NO ONE has done for me since middle school and that's given me a geography lesson. At this rate we'll be at 300 in NO time, even if nobody realizes what the heck we were discussing in the meantime. Keep it comin' fellas!

28 minutes ago, joscasle said:

North America is a continent. America refers to the United States of America, and if I said I was an American, I would be meaning I was from the United States. 

It's not a hard concept, but apparently it's beyond your scope of understanding. 

Let me know if I need to break out the construction paper and crayons to explain it better for you. 

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton

But, I am warning you, ANY attempts to give English or math lessons and I'm outta here!

Why do I have to continually come in here end tell you guys to knock off the stupid crap!? You want to talk about the kit go ahead. But what is all this baloney about the continent and beyond your understanding etc etc. Just please knock off the stupid crap. Keep to the business at hand.

231 pages and counting.. , must me new world record.... someone should get some life and have a cold one or two… 

26 minutes ago, Tomcat Fan said:

someone should get some life and have a cold one or two… 

Just to point out, you are talking to a bunch of grown men (mostly) on a model building forum. I think the term "should get some life" could pretty much apply to every topic on this site. Just sayin'... none of this is THAT important.

4 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

I'd rather say it is our hobby so it's kind of life we like...

Amen to that. :cheers:

14 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

I'd rather say it is our hobby so it's kind of life we like...

It's a full time job...

13 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

It's a full time job...

Touche'.

Hope you didn't take my post as trivializing your job. And BTW, you do a great job at your job. I suspect even without the red crayons... LOL

Edited by niart17

7 hours ago, Zactoman said:

It's a full time job...

Its not a job, its an adventure!  :beer4:

(apologies to whichever service used to use that ad line)

3 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

SJU-17 has an angle on the backrest
I think we also need a resin seat

Ejection seats are always hard for model companies to get right. I always get aftermarket seats. Only exception I may make is on the GWH Su-35S. So, I never really judge a kit on its ejection seats.

10 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Why do I have to continually come in here end tell you guys to knock off the stupid crap!?

It's all a part of Living the dream!

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

No apologies necessary. I'm former Navy and I'm Livin the dream. Or am I livin the dream?

:moai:

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

I'm pretty sure it's the Marine Corps 😉

9 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

SJU-17 has an angle on the backrest
I think we also need a resin seat

sju17_ft.jpg

The same issue is evident in almost all the aftermarket seats as well.

Regardless, I agree. When it comes to seats and wheels, I always go aftermarket anyway!

8 hours ago, Zactoman said:

No apologies necessary. I'm former Navy and I'm Livin the dream. Or am I livin the dream?

Great, in that case, this is for you my friend...

livin-the-dream-with-some-hard-work-and-clean-living-54362718.jpg.7d403364c7c87c7bde6f6c4aab28d168.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Really excellent build thread. In some ways its such a pitty about this shape error around the hips because in terms of detail this kits looks spectacular.

12 hours ago, goondman said:

I'm pretty sure it's the Marine Corps 😉

It was the US Navy's slogan from 1976 to 1986.

Experienced the adventure, now living the dream. ;-)

Edited by GW8345

Yup. Again, some really nice things. I kind of like the wheel, hub, brake assembly. That looks like a nice way of breaking it down for painting. And the canopy does look good so far. As for shape, it likely won't stop me from buying. But I certainly understand those that are concerned with it. but I mean afterall , I was one that was happy with the 1/32 scale Revell kit, obviously my shape criteria isn't the same as others.