It looks great!

I am pretty sure that if you put AMK and Tamiya built models one next to the other, only very few will be able to tell the difference.

It is a definite buy for me. I wonder how hard it would be to backdate to an A... Iranian A...

Edited by DIO
2 hours ago, DIO said:

It looks great!

I am pretty sure that if you put AMK and Tamiya built models one next to the other, only very few will be able to tell the difference.

It is a definite buy for me. I wonder how hard it would be to backdate to an A... Iranian A...

I think that there would be a fair amount of work involved. New engines, new cockpit, different boat tail, different gun vents and numerous other details. I wonder if AMK is thinking of doing an A? I think they would do a B first, fewer changes. I'd love to see a really early A kit with the original boat tail and the early gun vents. Plus a nice set of early VF-1 decals. I'd certainly consider getting one of those, warts and all. Only Hasegawa has ever done the early A.

58 minutes ago, DIO said:

Maybe a Frankenstein project then? lol

I did it with the Tamiya kit. Using the Hasegawa early boat tail and gun vents. The quality of the Hasegawa parts is no where near the Tamiya or AMK parts, but It may be possible, with the AMK that is. Don't know what you'd use for the cockpit.. Would hate to waste a Tamiya kit for those parts. Perhaps an Aires or Avionix set could be shoehorned in. Would be nice if AMK or GWH would let us know it they plan on expanding the line (or did GWH already do that, vaguely remember something about them doing A, B and D kits).

AMK are supposed to release an A. But I am reluctant to wait.

On the other hand I already have an EA-6B and an Airfix Defiant on my bench. For me 2 models = 2 yrs  🤣🤣

Yep, thinking about it, I can definitely wait!

Edited by DIO
2 hours ago, Mstor said:

I did it with the Tamiya kit. Using the Hasegawa early boat tail and gun vents. The quality of the Hasegawa parts is no where near the Tamiya or AMK parts, but It may be possible, with the AMK that is. Don't know what you'd use for the cockpit.. Would hate to waste a Tamiya kit for those parts. Perhaps an Aires or Avionix set could be shoehorned in. Would be nice if AMK or GWH would let us know it they plan on expanding the line (or did GWH already do that, vaguely remember something about them doing A, B and D kits).

Sio has mentioned that there will be an A and then a B afterwards. 

17 hours ago, stalal said:

I think time to stop criticizing and start building the kit. It looks awesome on the build thread at Britmodeller. 

I agree the builds are looking good and the kit certainly looks nice....but I thought there wasn't supposed to be criticism until the kits were actually being built and could be analysed. Now no one is supposed to critique the kit at all? I'm so confused.

4 hours ago, niart17 said:

I agree the builds are looking good and the kit certainly looks nice....but I thought there wasn't supposed to be criticism until the kits were actually being built and could be analysed. Now no one is supposed to critique the kit at all? I'm so confused.

I don't recall any decision on this thread to curtail discussion or critique. Some have suggest it, either until the kit is in our hands or until it is built. Certainly once we have the kit in hand we can make some more informed critiques. This has not stopped me from evaluating the kit, its details and shapes, while I await delivery of a kit. I will probably not make many more comments regarding same until I have the kit in hand and can confirm, more or less, what I am seeing. I am not an expert and I do not have the experience or resources that people like Zactoman have (which is why I respect his opinion so highly). I don't even have a good enough knowledge of the science of shapes and curves to express what I am seeing most of the time.

All that to say, If you see something that you want to discuss now, no one is going to stop you (well, I won't :thumbsup:).

20 hours ago, Mstor said:

I think that there would be a fair amount of work involved. New engines, new cockpit, different boat tail, different gun vents and numerous other details. I wonder if AMK is thinking of doing an A? I think they would do a B first, fewer changes. I'd love to see a really early A kit with the original boat tail and the early gun vents. Plus a nice set of early VF-1 decals. I'd certainly consider getting one of those, warts and all. Only Hasegawa has ever done the early A.

Ohhh !! That would make me happy very happy !!! In addition to VF-1, VF-114 may be present

Can we get an actual list of distributors and online retailers that are marketing the sale of the kit? I ask because it seems like a simple Google search comes up with a handful and at least two of them I don't believe are trustworthy or reputable at all.

2 minutes ago, afterburner said:

I pre-ordered mine from Internet Hobbies (Internet Hobbies AMK 1/48 F-14D). Ordered two and have ordered from them in the past with great success. 

Glad to hear you've had a good experience with them. I've not ordered from them before so I looked them up and that have a very large amount of complaints via the BBB so I'm quite iffy if I am going to purchase through them.