I plan on building only one 1/48 F-14, looks like AMK is the way to go.

Same here. This 'D' announcement from AMK made me even more exited about their kit. But eventually we're going to need to see something concrete. It's almost been a year since this thread was started...

:cheers:

Is that true, there will be two sets of wings (closed and with movable parts) in one kit?

in AMK's facebook message : "... option of wings; open or closed wing mechanics (spoilers etc)..." so, indeed, it seems like there might be two sets of wings...

and good for those who'd wish a "D" or "B" models... but since they never interested me in anyway (i just like the early Tomcats)...i'll pass on those... and wait till the "A" version get done by AMK... or get only the Tamiya kit...

i can understand AMK move.wish them well...

Edited by mingwin

$80 sounds about right given 1) the street price of their MiG-31, and 2) the street price of the high-end F-14 kits out there. Generally the less you have to spend on aftermarket stuff to make a kit accurate, the more expensive the kit.

Edited by Swordsman422

Considering what many of my 1/35 armor kits cost, $80ish for what AMK is purporting to have in store will be a pretty good price, especially for those of us only looking to build one Tomcat.

Don’t worry about guessing the price. Our MiG-31 1/48 kit should be retailing at about $69 so the F-14 won’t be too far off that I imagine. It is way too early to be talk gin price anyway.

I have asked HQ to release some photos. The Manager in Macau is on holiday and as the photos are his there is no way anyone other than he will release them. Please be patient, I know there are things we can show you, just depends on what HQ want to release now.

On a positive note the decals are being finalised tomorrow.

I am sure there won’t be many surprises on what decals we have decided to do and YES we have taken into account all the suggestions here. We will be offering 4 schemes and a mixture of interest levels.

Maybe one surprise, who knows?

I am sure there won't be many surprises on what decals we have decided to do and YES we have taken into account all the suggestions here. We will be offering 4 schemes and a mixture of interest levels.

Sounds like Sio is teasing me!

Regards,

I can honestly say that for a non-mega Tomcat fan I am really excited over the prospect of this kit! I may...may...even get two... :rolleyes:

I am sure there won’t be many surprises on what decals we have decided to do and YES we have taken into account all the suggestions here. We will be offering 4 schemes and a mixture of interest levels.

I bet it`s the Iranian one