the question seems simple then: Tamiya for a full swept wing and AMK for all opened/slatted/flapped wings :whistle:/>

Well considering Tamiyas is A model amd AMK's first kit will be a D it's not that simple. Hopefully Tamiya will do the B/D as well , and AMK will do the A/B , that way we modellers are in a win/win

This model i am really looking forward to, a super detailed Tomcat i hope, i just recieved the MiG-31BS and what a model, it blows me all away, such detail, it`awesome, but i think the engraving of the panel lines is too big, i like Kinetic`s panel lines on their new Hornet much better, but that is my opinion.

Bjørn

This model i am really looking forward to, a super detailed Tomcat i hope, i just recieved the MiG-31BS and what a model, it blows me all away, such detail, it`awesome, but i think the engraving of the panel lines is too big, i like Kinetic`s panel lines on their new Hornet much better, but that is my opinion.

Bjørn

Don't worry. You're not the only one with that opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

It's present, but much less pronounced than AMK have designed:

Wikipedia URL is too long to post correctly.

http://www.aircraftrecognition.co.uk/images/Aircraft/Fast%20Jet/F-14/f-14-tomcat.jpg

https://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/f14-tomcat-920-9.jpg

What occurs to me, looking at the parts... I'm pretty sure that's not the final design. There is zero draft designed into the glazings and frame, so unless they're doing something particularly fancy, it would not be mold-able as-is.

Also, the glazings are tinted in different shades Which is... odd. I wonder how many clear sprues they'll be injecting?

Edited by MoFo

It's not shown on the renders, but could it be possible that the clear parts go into a continuous slot around the canopy frame without the need of any glue.

I remember SOL Su-35 resin conversión used something like that to set the windscreen and I could easily remove it from the resin mold. I did not use any glue and the windscreen really looked like the real thing, no filler needed. The fit needs to be perfect though.

Juan