11 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

Deck Crew A probably would work - but I would try to piece together as much of that scene as possible using Reedoak figures. They may not come in every pose, but they are incredible.

http://reedoak.com/#!/1-48/c/13281308/offset=0&sort=normal

Nice figures, a little bit expensive: 3 of them will cost as much as the Tomcat 😂

Edit:

I doubt that my painting skills are up at those little jewels.

Edited by Andrea Bolla
Add comment
12 hours ago, SBARC said:

There is an 1/48 AMK F-14D Super Tomcat on ARC today.  Built by Paolo Yuen

1/48 AMK F-14D Super Tomcat by Paolo Yuen

Psshh...Yet ANOTHER AMK shill. "When the fuselage was joined together, I only had a small area fill gaps." This simply cannot be, when the "well-informed internet surfers" tell us that this kit is a putty hog and unbuildable by even THE most experienced builder?

<sarcasm off>

Great job Paolo, looks like a Tomcat to ME!

3 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Psshh...Yet ANOTHER AMK shill. "When the fuselage was joined together, I only had a small area fill gaps." This simply cannot be, when the "well-informed internet surfers" tell us that this kit is a putty hog and unbuildable by even THE most experienced builder?

<sarcasm off>

Great job Paolo, looks like a Tomcat to ME!

It looks good, built and painted great !!! But to me it looks fat, I don't know why, but the front fuselage looks fat. Obviously it's not Paulo's fault !!

Edited by joscasle
1 hour ago, joscasle said:

But to me it looks fat, I don't know why, but the front fuselage looks fat.

That's because it is fat. Check out Zactoman's recent posts. The fuselage IS too large.

Yes, very nice paint job on this. Overall a great build! While true it does show some "things", he did a good job and there's no point hashing them out by using his model as a pointer, because then it just looks like a dog pile on top of another modeler and that's not the spirit of this site. At least that's in my humble opinion.

Bill

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

If you will not give us the kit, we shall take your hobby shop by force!

You don't frighten us, model building pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottom, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called modelers, you and all your silly model building k-nnnnniggets. Thpppppt! Thppt! Thppt!

Now look here, my good man--

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Is there someone else up there we could talk to about the kit?

No. Now, go away, or I shall taunt you a second time-a!

[sniff]

:whistle:

"Where did you get the kits?"

"What do you mean?"

"The Tomcat is tropical, this is a temperate zone."

^^^Awesome graphics though...:whistle:

Related image

Actually did AMK use this ^^^ to base their Tomcat kit off of...LOL just joking around :santa:.

Image result for nintendo top gun gif

Merry Christmas everyone and happy modeling!

55 minutes ago, Don said:

Actually did AMK use this ^^^ to base their Tomcat kit off of...LOL just joking around :santa:.

Hmmm....can we Zacto to throw some of those red/blue lines on it, I'm thinking the angle of the back deck surface above the horizontal planes looks very similar!:woot.gif:

Merry Christmas you guys as well!

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

That's because it is fat. Check out Zactoman's recent posts. The fuselage IS too large.

Photobucket (:angry:) is back up:deadhorse1:.

For those who may have missed my previous post, I included links to various posts highlighting many of the problems discovered with the kit: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/285277-amk-148-f-14/&do=findComment&comment=2984863

Despite the problems with the kit, it can be built up to be a very nice looking model as Paulo has shown. :worship:

4 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

yeah it is soooooooooo fat. whole 1mm! if tamiya is accurate 😄

It seems that everything is 1mm for you. I'd recommend asking Santa for a new pair of calipers :santa:.

It doesn't take much for certain shapes to look wrong and 1mm can make a huge difference in certain circumstances.
In the case of the fwd fuselage I only took a few dimensions and it was as much as .085"/2.16mm wide. It is .061"/1.55mm over in height at the radome and even thicker further back.
So yes, for those familiar with the Tomcat it may well look fat. Side-by-side with other kits it will look fat even to those not familiar with the Tomcat.

Sorry for my absence of late. Building a new computer has proven to be more challenging than I expected :hmmm:. I should stick to models...

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all of you!

:beer4:

4 hours ago, Don said:

Related image

Image result for nintendo top gun gif

Never was able to land on the carrier.....

18 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Photobucket (:angry:) is back up:deadhorse1:.

For those who may have missed my previous post, I included links to various posts highlighting many of the problems discovered with the kit: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/285277-amk-148-f-14/&do=findComment&comment=2984863

Despite the problems with the kit, it can be built up to be a very nice looking model as Paulo has shown. :worship:

It seems that everything is 1mm for you. I'd recommend asking Santa for a new pair of calipers :santa:.

It doesn't take much for certain shapes to look wrong and 1mm can make a huge difference in certain circumstances.
In the case of the fwd fuselage I only took a few dimensions and it was as much as .085"/2.16mm wide. It is .061"/1.55mm over in height at the radome and even thicker further back.
So yes, for those familiar with the Tomcat it may well look fat. Side-by-side with other kits it will look fat even to those not familiar with the Tomcat.

Sorry for my absence of late. Building a new computer has proven to be more challenging than I expected :hmmm:. I should stick to models...

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all of you!

:beer4:

You have a personal vendetta against AMK. I  used give value to your opinion but when it comes to this. zero. 

4 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

[to Zactoman]

You have a personal vendetta against AMK. I  used give value to your opinion but when it comes to this. zero. 

Beg to differ. In this whole soap opera of a thread, Zactoman has been one of the few posters to offer objective data, presented without hyperbole or hysteria. Just MHO.

Like the others above have already posted, I don't think Zacto has a vendetta against AMK at all. He's presenting his findings for all to see in a clear and easy to follow manner. It is what it is...

Merry Christmas and happy modeling!

7 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Yes, it definitely looks like it. And even if he is right, his repitiveness really spoils his own reputation.

7 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Even if that were true, what difference does it make? As long as the data he submits is accurate I wouldn't care if he wanted everyone at AMK to boil in oil. As far as I'm concerned, Zactoman's findings have been right on the mark. They match up with what I personally see in the AMK F-14D kit. I suppose that means I have a personal vendetta against AMK too. :doh: