Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

Recommended Posts

Still no sign of mine...

 I went ahead and asked my LHS to order it, and it should be here tomorrow.

Edited by andrew.deboer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like eBay - wait until the las moment and then snipe. I’m not clear on how many posts per page there are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, with the number of AMK F-14s I have seen around the web, it seems like there should be a lot of wing sets available. Every time someone chooses the oversleep or fully swept function, there’s a set of dirty wings going unused. #opportunity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andrew.deboer said:

Anyway, with the number of AMK F-14s I have seen around the web, it seems like there should be a lot of wing sets available. Every time someone chooses the oversleep or fully swept function, there’s a set of dirty wings going unused. #opportunity


Still need to fabricate the slime light covers and nav lights. There are no spares for these in the box. Not too difficult though.

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone said that the page turns when it hits 25 posts on a page. This is #14.

Edited by Darren Roberts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I have not yet seen is a built-up ordnance set: every round, painted and decaled. If I ever get mine...

 

I aspire to build an inflight scene with an LGB post-drop, with the fins extended. When the kit includes that, it seems like a no-brainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andrew.deboer said:

One thing I have not yet seen is a built-up ordnance set: every round, painted and decaled. If I ever get mine...

 

I aspire to build an inflight scene with an LGB post-drop, with the fins extended. When the kit includes that, it seems like a no-brainer.

 Should I do a resin set of gear bay plugs? That way you won't have to mess with trying to get the gear doors to fit shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gb_madcat_sl said:


Still need to fabricate the slime light covers and nav lights. There are no spares for these in the box. Not too difficult though.

 

Mark

 

I forgot that the slime lights are clear parts - which the real things were not, so no problem scratching those. I have never tried doing nav lights by attaching blocks of red or green clear plastic in the light cavities and sanding and polishing them to shape. Some day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andrew.deboer said:

 

I forgot that the slime lights are clear parts - which the real things were not, so no problem scratching those. I have never tried doing nav lights by attaching blocks of red or green clear plastic in the light cavities and sanding and polishing them to shape. Some day...


I think they are solid parts in the kit

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...