As for people criticising the release date, how unfair can you get?

Who's criticizing the release date?

My post was simply meant to point out the fact that, given the (apparent) status of the project and the (relatively short) time to the deadline, there's a really good chance it will be released slightly later than expected.

Like, if you're super excited that, come Thanksgiving, there will be an AMK Turkey on your workbench... there probably won't. Or at the very least, there's a good chance there won't. IMO. I'm not trying to say 'BOOO!!! AMK is garbage!' I'm just looking at the status, and the calendar, and pointing out that it's going to be tough to make things add up.

To be fair, my math was wrong. I'd say early-ish Q1 2017 would probably be a better bet. I'd be kind of shocked if the kit was out before December. I'd be surprised if it was released before Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if it was out in January. But... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I really don't care - it takes as long as it takes, and while I want it now, a month or two delay isn't going to matter five years from now when I get around to actually building one.

Okay seriously... I'm confused. Who is the fanboy? For what? And why? Is 'a4s4eva' a fanboy? Because you seem to be trying to use that term as a cudgel, and yet he says right there in his post that he is excited for the kit and doesn't care when is released. Which, I don't know about you, but to me it kind of sounds like he has a positive view of the kit. And yet you seem to be trying to suggest that his opinions aren't valid because he's somehow a 'fanboy' for... something? I mean, I guess you could say the fact that he IS excited for the kit might make him a fanboy, and yet he's taking a measured approach to the whole release date thing, which suggests he has a much more measured and nuanced view of the product. Which is pretty much the antitheses of 'fanboyism'.

Or, are you saying that YOU are a fanboy? That would probably be a more reasonable take: that any criticism of a product you like, whether valid or not, is met with scorn and vitriol. And yet, like I said, you seem to be trying to use it like a cudgel to insult people, which would make it unlikely that you're referring to yourself.

Maybe you simply don't understand what the term 'fanboy' actually means? You sure seem dedicated to the term, though...

Also, I *really* hope that 'glt' was some sort of typo, 'cause if you were trying to use the acronym, that's really not cool.

post wasn't directed towards you, but if it fits; then so be it

glt

Thank you for the goodwill messages and for the opposite end of the spectrum. It takes all sorts of views to make a community and we must listen to all points of view, they are valid for the same and different reasons.

The canopy is not tinted and the CAD renders are in different colours to denote different sections and for ease of identification at different angles.

There ya go, thanks for the clarification Martin. Some people will always find SOMETHING to complain about. Keep pluggin' away at the Tomcat, I am very much looking forward to her. Good things come to those that wait.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER

Why the actual $* was anyone concerned about the colors used on the CAD? Like seriously, this forum just likes to find stuff to moan about. Anyone with half a brain would know why the colors are what they are in the CAD, and would know that AMK would be able to get something that basic correct in the kit...ie. clear canopies. Some of you are really jumping the shark here.

I love Tomcat threads.

They always provide a high level of entertainment.

Agreed. When the Tomcat was headed for the boneyard those threads were really entertaining... :lol:

:cheers:

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the actual plane has attachment tabs along the central frame as shown in the CAD.

Mark

As far as I can see those „things” are there on the canopy rail in the middle.

F-14%20canopy%201_zpsznfshocr.jpg

Sorry, since I don’t have a written permission from the given F-14 pilot I had to blur out his face and his name on the canopy rail.

F-14%20canopy%202_zpspp0faqje.jpg

But it was surely great fun on board the carrier for a week and to see close up the Big Cat during live bombing missions with LGB’s. :woot.gif:

Best regards

Gabor

Tomcat is the only beast more beautiful than Su-27.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you for the goodwill messages and for the opposite end of the spectrum. It takes all sorts of views to make a community and we must listen to all points of view, they are valid for the same and different reasons.

The canopy is not tinted and the CAD renders are in different colours to denote different sections and for ease of identification at different angles.

have a question for you. Being as your doing an F14d (yawn), and it was used as a bombing platform; what racks are you planning on supplying with the kit? Or will it just be supplied with missiles?

gary

have a question for you. Being as your doing an F14d (yawn), and it was used as a bombing platform; what racks are you planning on supplying with the kit? Or will it just be supplied with missiles?

gary

Yawn away, The F-14D is great news for all the late F-14 activity. As regards weapons, I refer you to post #608 HERE.

Yawn? The later life of the F-14 is certainly more interesting because the jet was actually doing something and doing it more frequently and more safely. If I'm going to model a plane, I'd prefer it be from a time when the sortie logs were written in green ink.

Yawn! I don't think so.... F-14D's F-14B's F-14A's it matters none Why because it's a NEW TOOLED F-14 :yahoo: ......If F-14D's Bore you move on and Troll another thread :D ....Real F-14 Fans(myself included) will be thrilled and buy up these kits as fast as they can :nanner:

Yawn! I don't think so.... F-14D's F-14B's F-14A's it matters none Why because it's a NEW TOOLED F-14 :yahoo: ......If F-14D's Bore you move on and Troll another thread :D ....Real F-14 Fans(myself included) will be thrilled and buy up these kits as fast as they can :nanner:

That's right; certainly. And mind you, if you have a little spark up there, you can always make use of both a new tooled kit and Mr Darren Roberts' aftermarkets in order to convert a Tomcat D into an A.

That's what I'm doing.

Personally I am going to buy one of each kit and see which one I like the best. Sometimes its nice to have a stress free build (hase a-4, tamiya f-16) and sometimes you want to go all out with things open and hanging out. Seems to me we are getting a pretty sweet deal with two new F-14 kits.

Yawn! I don't think so.... F-14D's F-14B's F-14A's it matters none Why because it's a NEW TOOLED F-14 :yahoo:/> ......If F-14D's Bore you move on and Troll another thread :D/> ....Real F-14 Fans(myself included) will be thrilled and buy up these kits as fast as they can :nanner:/>

if you've ever read a single post I made about this kit, you will know that I'm buying ONE. I prefer the early A model. I'll probably buy two or three of the A model.

glt