AMK created the MIG-31BM/BSM kit as it was intended from the outset. Due to feedback we added more items to the B/BS version. Again from feedback we decided to add lots of items to the Special Edition in the hope of appeasing those who wanted yet more and in the hope of rewarding our customers for their loyalty.

The Special Edition does not replace the original. The Special Edition is as described and has extra parts to make it the “ultimate kit” some of you said the original could have been but with much more besides (no one asked for tinted canopy, Germetik sealant or metal pitot). That was us trying to give you value for money.

The metal pitot included in the Die-Cast parts go some way to add even more value to the MIG-31B/BS if you want to.

Special parts add to the price. We aim to give the best possible product for the best possible price.

The Tomcat will be the best possible kit we can make from the outset.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

I could care less what it is in Hong Kong or Japan; I only want to know what it will cost me up the road from my house.

gary

Hang on, you could care less? So you care?

Or, you couldn't care less - you don't care at all.

Martin, my two cents is this, I prefer that it be done exactly the way you've done it. I prefer that the kit be released sans the cast metal goodies and that the metal goodies be released in a separate kit. That way I can choose to buy them or not. This way the base kit is still reasonably priced. Others will surely disagree.

However, I think your responsiveness is above and beyond, which I greatly appreciate. Thanks for listening to the consumer!

Rick

Martin, my two cents is this, I prefer that it be done exactly the way you've done it. I prefer that the kit be released sans the cast metal goodies and that the metal goodies be released in a separate kit. That way I can choose to buy them or not. This way the base kit is still reasonably priced. Others will surely disagree.

However, I think your responsiveness is above and beyond, which I greatly appreciate. Thanks for listening to the consumer!

Rick

+1

The Tomcat kit will be the same price there or thereabouts as the MiG-31.

The simple fact that you will produce a modern Tomcat kit with all the bells and whistles you've announced at an MSRP of under $100 (US), is in and of itself an incredible feat! AMK just gets better and better in my eyes.

Rick

The simple fact that you will produce a modern Tomcat kit with all the bells and whistles you've announced at an MSRP of under $100 (US), is in and of itself an incredible feat! AMK just gets better and better in my eyes.

Rick

Agreed !!

Steve

my decision is to wait for AMK's Tomcat instead. The subject is the dearest to me and i'd like to build it in a stance that i would like to, simply the control surfaces etc. all those options are important to me. Godspeed AMK smile.gif

well I see most of us loosing a lot of weight next, when we choose a Tomcat over food! At $63 dollars, I hope you know what your getting into.

gary

well... as there's about 1/4th of westerners that are from slightly to morbidly overweight, i don't see this as being very much problematic!...but pricewise, if AMK get it 12,5$ cheaper than its competitor (at HK outlets prices) while offering more in the box, more power to us! ...but for me 12,5$ isn't that significant....

(12,5USD is the difference between the AMK MiG-31, and the announced prices of the competitor at Hobby Easy, a well knowm HK webstore)

New CADs fresh from Macau.

The walkway is changed to show the slight twist on the area above the intake. Some said it was rounded, but it is definitely twisted not rounded.

There is also a slight kink in the wing that was first noticed by Pete Hamann. With thanks to him we now built this into the wing section. It is extremely slight but it certainly there. We, of course, added this to the wing for accuracy.

13879306_650854391746058_8880957874000550927_n.jpg.65135ed21103afb1355e18516df64253.jpg

13882426_650854355079395_3430998774057966738_n.jpg.246fdbe78226d8cbfcd87ee48662ab2f.jpg

13962573_650854368412727_4189443959578078307_n.jpg.b3347455723322f495f4f11e8b6203a1.jpg

The panel lines do look heavy but this is a CAD render for detail checking. Don’t worry it isn’t finished yet. More tweaks to come but at least you know we are putting the kink into the wing and the rounded walkways.

Attention to detail :thumbsup:/>

Fantastic!

Up until now, i have had 0 interest in F-14 as a plane and as a model. This is shaping up to look so incredibly good i just might join the dark side... :rolleyes:/>

Judging by your avatar, membership in the dark side seems to be a forgone conclusion.

Incredible! Love these new CADs and it's clearly time to start dumping my Hasegawa and HobbyBoss 'Cats. I sincerely doubt I will ever build them, after I finally crack the box of the AMK kit.

Rick

Edited by madmanrick