6 hours ago, shion said:

They've just announced a release of an another kit this month, without having test shots yet.

That's a really good sign of how serious they are with their communication and their scheduling.

The MiG was announced in 2015, as one of about six kits they were going to release last year.  Their Kfir mulligan is also a previous announcement - they said they were re-tooling the inaccurate 1/48 kit when they announced the 1/72 version.

Production takes time and, like Jonathan said, it's looking *really* unlikely that it'll be out this year.  We haven't seen *any* plastic yet.  Look at the timeline of the MiG-31:

The kit was released at the start of December, 2015.  

By the end of September 2015, international distributors already had (and were building) test shots of the MiG-31.  The full kit.

They'd posted photos of the fuselage tooling in early August.  

Full CAD images were posted in the middle of June.

Photos of the (production) missiles were posted in April.  

CAD renders of the completed missiles were posted in early December, 2014. <--- this is pretty much where we are as far as AMK's marketing goes.

It's possible AMK is sandbagging us, and that the kit is farther along than they've shown.  (I think that'd be dumb, given how many of their customers are already upset about the delays and lack of communication... but it is a possibility)  And I'm not suggesting it'll take exactly the same amount of time as the MiG-31.  But they have an *enormous* amount of work left to do, and it's very unlikely that they will be able to do it all inside of two months.  So don't expect the kit to be out by the first week of December.  I wouldn't expect it to be out in 2016 at all.  My guess is that it will be out some time next year.

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

The MiG was announced in 2015, as one of about six kits they were going to release last year.  Their Kfir mulligan is also a previous announcement - they said they were re-tooling the inaccurate 1/48 kit when they announced the 1/72 version.

Production takes time and, like Jonathan said, it's looking *really* unlikely that it'll be out this year.  We haven't seen *any* plastic yet.  Look at the timeline of the MiG-31:

The kit was released at the start of December, 2015.  

By the end of September 2015, international distributors already had (and were building) test shots of the MiG-31.  The full kit.

They'd posted photos of the fuselage tooling in early August.  

Full CAD images were posted in the middle of June.

Photos of the (production) missiles were posted in April.  

CAD renders of the completed missiles were posted in early December, 2014. <--- this is pretty much where we are as far as AMK's marketing goes.

It's possible AMK is sandbagging us, and that the kit is farther along than they've shown.  (I think that'd be dumb, given how many of their customers are already upset about the delays and lack of communication... but it is a possibility)  And I'm not suggesting it'll take exactly the same amount of time as the MiG-31.  But they have an *enormous* amount of work left to do, and it's very unlikely that they will be able to do it all inside of two months.  So don't expect the kit to be out by the first week of December.  I wouldn't expect it to be out in 2016 at all.  My guess is that it will be out some time next year.

My post was ironic.

Due to my job, I'm pretty used to unrealistic promises and false reports made by plastic parts manufacturers.

And all the AMK communication I see here, looks exactly the same.

Oh no, just an exception, my manufacturers know that it's a very dangerous approach, to say that I didn't understand what they announced previously.

To announce a release in the month without having test shots, it's a joke (and we talk here about a retooled kit).

And they don't only have an ernomous amount of work left to do with the Tomcat, they just have... most of the job to do.

I would say at least 6 months in most cases, but due to the complexity of the A/C, the complexity of the kit and the previous AMK projects, I will say a year at least.

On 10/7/2017 at 1:25 PM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Those AMK Aim-54C are better than Tamiya offer... :D 

I didn't know that the AMK AIM-54C's were out on the market :rolleyes:. The Tamiya plastic I have in my hands sure looks better than the computer generated CAD drawing from AMK, even though I have to be a modeler and glue more than 2 pieces together.  To be fair I'll reserve final judgment until AMK releases plastic to the market which most fanboys on either side wouldn't do.  

The kit on my work bench will always be better than the kit that hasn't been produced yet.

Ciao,

John

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

"The F-14 development team is still hard at work.."

Um..we're ..what..less than two months away from when the first plastic was "hopefully" going to hit the molds?

I would hope the molds have been cut and test shots have been produced by now...but apparently they haven't. 

Sorry folks, looks like no AMK F-14 for Christmas..big shocker. 

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!

2 hours ago, MoFo said:

Pretty sure that was self referential.  He's a fanboy who likes trolling new release topics.

yes I am a fan boy, just like you are hung on the big T tree. The difference is that I like GWH anything! I do like AMK kits, but like GWH better. I also liked the old Accurate Miniatures kits, and probably could have been a fan boy back then. I watch certain people go out of their way to knock something new (I think they are scared). I watched you guys do it to ZM, AM, AMK, HK, and many more.   You guys go out of your way to ruin a new company that can only bring something new to for the rest of us. I for one am sick of it.

gary

I always thought a fan boy was a punkah wallah.

Love the AMK Foxhound and so also bought the exquisite metal upgrade set. Very, very impressive kit. Sets a high bar. 

Was looking forwards to more serious Russian jets from AMK, such as the promised Foxbats and rumoured Flagon, but the arguably utterly unnecessary diversion into an extremely complex American Naval subject seems to have totally jinxed AMK's programme and reputation.

Thank goodness for Bobcat and ICM, who've given us a great Yak-28P and a brace of great recce Foxbats, with a MiG-25P/PD promised for next year. 

I wish AMK every success and hope the debacle with the F-14D release schedule resolves itself.
1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

yes I am a fan boy, just like you are hung on the big T tree. The difference is that I like GWH anything! I do like AMK kits, but like GWH better. I also liked the old Accurate Miniatures kits, and probably could have been a fan boy back then. I watch certain people go out of their way to knock something new (I think they are scared). I watched you guys do it to ZM, AM, AMK, HK, and many more.   You guys go out of your way to ruin a new company that can only bring something new to for the rest of us. I for one am sick of it.

gary

If AMK wasn't incompetent when it came to how they're managing the  F-14 there wouldn't be any reason to knock them. 

They first said it would be out by December 2016, then they cooked up this scheme of pre-orders, etc..saying that if they hit their 5,000 order goal, they would produce it. Then silence, again. 

The pre-order scheme was the driving force for the December 2016 roll-out.  Either AMK didn't get the necessary orders or a production snafu occured. They made it clear that without meeting the pre-order goal, they would ship in 2017 or early 2018.  It's in black and white if you care to read this entire thread again.

Change in spokesperson didn't help their cause.

3 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

gary

Oh and considering I "pre-ordered" two of the AMK F-14 kits? I'm hardly knocking them or bashing them, and certainly not refusing to give them a chance. So far I've been pretty less than impressed. 

Well, you guys have to give AMK that, that the sure picked a subject close to many peoples hearts. Some of us are still waiting for the Pilot Replica Sk 60 aka SAAB 105, but there is no digital posse giving them hell about it. I bet the this thread wouldn´t have been 63 pages long if it was about the release of a Gripen or even the magnificent Tornado. :-)
I´m one of the guys who has preordered. As far as I see it, if the machines at AMK are busy it means that they are getting paid. This menas that they will be around for a while longer, and eventually I get my Tomcat. if it is as good as the Mig-31 it will be as good as the Tamiya Tomcat, and that makes it worth waiting for. 

6 minutes ago, erik_g said:

I bet the this thread wouldn´t have been 63 pages long if it was about the release of a Gripen or even the magnificent Tornado. :-)

I guess this thread is 63 pages long because AMK teased, and teased, and teased, and teased about the features that would be included in their Tomcat, not forgetting those bombastic comments about the "satisfied customer to AMK relationship", over and over.

I adore their kits but AMK and AMK only created this situation. Of course we all have other kits in our stock but how is this related to AMK announcing and teasing about their 1/48 Tomcat kit ?

4 minutes ago, UpperDeck said:

Of course we all have other kits in our stock but how is this related to AMK announcing and teasing about their 1/48 Tomcat kit ?

Because anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, to quote a small green warrior. Perpetuating the anger and hate over missing plastic might lead to undesirable outcomes, like people threatening the producers or something. I have seen it happen on the net before, on twitter, on facebook and elsewhere. I see modellers turn against other modellers in this thread alone, angered over each others arguments.
In any case, nothing good ever comes out of it. Pre-ordering is a gamble. I took it, I am aware of the risks involved. If the Tomcat comes to naught I hope I will get my money back. But if AMK for some reason files for bankruptcy not even that is certain. But as I said, it is one of the risks of pre-ordering anything anywhere.

All I am trying to say, I guess, is not to become to emotionally attached to one kit, or rather the thought of one kit. It will be ready when it will be ready, or maybe never. The AMK Tomcat is not the first "tease" through the history of plastic models.Nor will it be the last. At least the project is showing signs of life.

Do you remember how all this started, long, but long time ago ?

After the Mig-31 release, AMK announced some future releases of the likes of Mig-25 and F-14. Very exciting news, given the lack of up to date and accurate kits of these two very popular aircrafts.

Soon, Tamiya set new standards for the hobby releasing his F-14. Hobby Boss released another Mig-31, by far and large more accurate than the AMK. Lately, ICM dropt on the market a finally acceptable Mig-25 in multiple versions.

As a result, I do not understand what this thread is about. Maybe no more than a misplaced marketing effort...

Edited by galfa
18 hours ago, erik_g said:

Well, you guys have to give AMK that, that the sure picked a subject close to many peoples hearts. Some of us are still waiting for the Pilot Replica Sk 60 aka SAAB 105, but there is no digital posse giving them hell about it. I bet the this thread wouldn´t have been 63 pages long if it was about the release of a Gripen or even the magnificent Tornado. :-)
I´m one of the guys who has preordered. As far as I see it, if the machines at AMK are busy it means that they are getting paid. This menas that they will be around for a while longer, and eventually I get my Tomcat. if it is as good as the Mig-31 it will be as good as the Tamiya Tomcat, and that makes it worth waiting for. 

Bravo Sir! We await a model airplane. it will come. This is not a sucking chest wound.

Wow. 

I go away for a little while to concentrate on getting theTomcat out and this what happens. Oh well, all interesting comments. 

AMK are not bankrupt. AMK have not been kidnapped by aliens. 

We are just working extremely hard to get the Tomcat out. 

Have you guys not kept up with the facebook updates and picture releases on weapons? It’s all there. I don’t have time for forums anymore I’m afraid - I wish I did. Better to be doing the Tomcat justice than to be writing internet comments surely?

If youve preordered the tomcat then many many congratulations to you because you got a total bargain. I mean that most sincerely. 

Im afraid that by being so open and honest with you all we seem to have created a rod for our own back. 

No matter. That’s my fault. 

AMK are going from strength to strength and, of course, our customer service is still at 100%. 

Feel free to ask anyone who has ever had an issue why. 

Spare parts are always sent out to oyr tetailers so YOU don’t have to wait when something happens. 

The tomcat is coming. On that you can rest assured. Rest assured that it will set another new bar. 

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models