On ‎2017‎年‎11‎月‎30‎日 at 2:13 AM, JeffreyK said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get this thing about "deliver" and "hit for their reputation". Model making has patience at it's heart, it's the essence of the whole hobby. You can't rush when you want to build a good model and you shouldn't rush when creating a model kit either. As long as AMK still exists and they haven't given up on creating this kit all is well as far as I'm concerned.

And even if something did go awfully wrong - they have released a few very nice kits already, most of which are in people's stashes and still require building so it's really not the end of the world. It would be a shame for them as a company and individuals, but no modeller will die because AMK haven't released their Tomcat.

Jeffrey

Yes! Jeffrey,

How is your design in progress?

Sio

29 minutes ago, ytsejam87 said:

B.Sin, I WORD, your WORD!

It is good to hear from AMK concerning all of this.  I am patiently waiting for the release, whenever that may be!

Thank you! And Grasshopper too! haha

Just now, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I'm in for two of the AMK Tomcats..I jumped on board in May.  I'm really looking forward to the Tomcat, and it's nice to see the molds and much more transparent communication concerning where it stands. 

Ah....... Jonathan,

You are the Jonathan in our facebook just now!

I know you now.

Sio

Hi Sio,

I pre ordered two AMK Tomcats even though I have two Tamiya kits, three Hobby Boss kits and two or three Hasegawa kits.

As you can see, I have plenty of time (I really wish I could have more) to build a Tomcat while the new AMK Tomcat comes out.

Good luck.

Juan

3 minutes ago, solher1 said:

Hi Sio,

I pre ordered two AMK Tomcats even though I have two Tamiya kits, three Hobby Boss kits and two or three Hasegawa kits.

As you can see, I have plenty of time (I really wish I could have more) to build a Tomcat while the new AMK Tomcat comes out.

Good luck.

Juan

Hi, Juan,

Thank you very much for your support!

We will make it as good as we can.

Sio

1 hour ago, solher1 said:

Hi Sio,

Good luck.

Juan

You can never have enough Tomcats!

1 hour ago, Sio said:

Yes! Jeffrey,

How is your design in progress?

Sio

you know by now that cutting a mold as complex as the Tomcat, and getting it right is a serious task. EDM processes make it easier, but will flat drive toy insane! Then there's the micro finish issue. Once you get there; you get to start all over again to get the final micro. (what are you looking at? A four or five?). This is not an over night process, and one should be thinking about .015" a minute (or maybe even .008" per minute). After that, you touch it up by hand.

been there and done that

gary

No joke, one of my biggest goals in life is to build the following 1/48 Tomcats: 2 Hasegawa, 1 HB, 1 Tamiya, 1 AMK.  All the decals are ready. So far, I am 0 in 5. Unfortunately, I cripple under the thought of a 1/48 Tomcat. It is my favorite aircraft of all times and I fear I will not do justice to it...

Edited by Janissary

Sio, thank you for this update! As I have said all along, all I ever wanted (and I am ONLY speaking for myself) was for AMK to keep us in the loop and let us know where this kit stood. As far as the gift goes, I for one don't require a gift, however I will gladly accept it. All I really want is the pro-offered Tomcat in all its' AMK glory! Keep up the good work and if you have a moment to spend every now and then, futures updates would be great gifts as well! ;-)

Rick

P.S. I posted a thread in the Helo forum concerning the Annetra 48th Mi-8/Mi-17, I am wondering if it is still on the schedule to be molded after the Tomcat is done?

Edited by madmanrick

Wow!  I am stoked for the AMK WEAPONS SET too.  For those that didnt click on the Facebook link, here’s what you’re missing:

“AMK Gulf War US missile set #1

As many of you had been asking and we had been preparing this, we are here to announce our first missile set, ALL slide molded with details and super thin fins!

The contents are:

AIM-54 Phoenix X 4 pcs
AIM-7 Sparrow X 4 pcs
AIM-9 Sidewinder X 4 pcs
GBU-12 Paveway bomb X 8 pcs
GBU-38 JDAM bomb X 4 pcs
LANTIRN target pod X 2 pcs
LAU-68 rocket pod X 4 pcs
Mk. 82 bomb X 8 pcs
GBU-16 Paveway bomb X 4 pcs
TARPS X 2 pcs
GBU-31 Bomb X 4 pcs
AN/ALQ-167 Bullwinkle X 2 pcs
SAIP Pod X 2 pcs

In total, 13 kinds and 52 pcs of weapons in box. And they can be used for:

Douglas A-4 Skyhawk
Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II
General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon
Grumman F-14 Tomcat
McDonnell Douglass F/A-18 Hornet
McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle
Rockwell OV-10 Bronco

P.S. This will be a gift to those who preordered Tomcat.”

Edited by Falconxlvi
7 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Sio, thank you for this update! As I have said all along, all I ever wanted (and I am ONLY speaking for myself) was for AMK to keep us in the loop and let us know where this kit stood. As far as the gift goes, I for one don't require a gift, however I will gladly accept it. All I really want is the pro-offered Tomcat in all its' AMK glory! Keep up the good work and if you have a moment to spend every now and then, futures updates would be great gifts as well! ;-)

Rick

P.S. I posted a thread in the Helo forum concerning the Annetra 48th Mi-8/Mi-17, I am wondering if it is still on the schedule to be molded after the Tomcat is done?

Thank you for your support! Rick

Yes. Mi-17 mould making will be soon after Tomcat moulds.

4 hours ago, Sio said:

Thank you for your support! Rick

Yes. Mi-17 mould making will be soon after Tomcat moulds.

That is awesome news! I crave an affordable quarter-scale Mi-8 more than probably any other aircraft. I will surely be in for 4 or 5 of those puppies! Thanks again for the early Christmas "presents". 

16 hours ago, Janissary said:

No joke, one of my biggest goals in life is to build the following 1/48 Tomcats: 2 Hasegawa, 1 HB, 1 Tamiya, 1 AMK.  All the decals are ready. So far, I am 0 in 5. Unfortunately, I cripple under the thought of a 1/48 Tomcat. It is my favorite aircraft of all times and I fear I will not do justice to it...

I want to have a couple. Like you still did not build one in 1/48 either. You should do your builds together and compare them for us ;)