8 hours ago, stalal said:

That wing is looking awesome. If thats the way the model kit will be in terms of detail, its going to beat Tamiya. Tamiya kit is too plain for today's plastic model kits anyway. 

It depends on what you're looking for in a model. If you consider extra detail to be the benchmark, Hobbyboss has already "beaten" Tamiya's Tomcat. If you consider accuracy, then Tamiya is probably tops in that department until the AMK kit comes out. If you want ease of build, the Tamiya Tomcat can't be touched. It will be very interesting to see how the AMK kit fits.

28 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

It depends on what you're looking for in a model. If you consider extra detail to be the benchmark, Hobbyboss has already "beaten" Tamiya's Tomcat. If you consider accuracy, then Tamiya is probably tops in that department until the AMK kit comes out. If you want ease of build, the Tamiya Tomcat can't be touched. It will be very interesting to see how the AMK kit fits.

That is true. Tamiya quality is consistent and the fit of their kit is awesome. It remains to be seen how AMK kit fits.

Some Dragon armor kits were awesome in detail. Tamiya kits of same models looked plain enough. But Dragon kits were a disaster to fit. So details are a great thing as long as the kit fits well.

My comment was because that wing aroused interest in me to consider buying an F-14 kit. I have not considered buying Tamiya or any other F-14 kit before for that matter.    

13 hours ago, anj4de said:

Looking good...so we already have a "dirty" AM wing set that might even fit Tamiya as it looks like! :-)  I am looking fwd to the next steps now...

cheers

Uwe

Stay away from the KASL Wing set. Mine is warped and short of drilling and inserting a rod to straighten them out, they arent the best.  And for the price, you can buy a hasegawa kit and use those wings.... ask me how i know....lol

1 hour ago, stalal said:

That is true. Tamiya quality is consistent and the fit of their kit is awesome. It remains to be seen how AMK kit fits.

Some Dragon armor kits were awesome in detail. Tamiya kits of same models looked plain enough. But Dragon kits were a disaster to fit. So details are a great thing as long as the kit fits well.

My comment was because that wing aroused interest in me to consider buying an F-14 kit. I have not considered buying Tamiya or any other F-14 kit before for that matter.    

The wing looks fantastic, that's for sure. As a Tomcat buff, I actually prefer the solid wing because 99% of the time, that's how Tomcats look. If you're only going to do one and like detail, I can see where you'd be interested in the AMK kit. I'm building each manufacturer's kit, so I'll pick one up. I also helped a small bit on the research, so it will be fun to actually build something I had input, however small, into.

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Thank you Darren, for bringing some sanity to the discussion.  I wholeheartedly agree- the Tamiya kit is fantastic and I can only hope the AMK kit goes together with the same ease.  

Steve

1 hour ago, adamitri said:

Stay away from the KASL Wing set. Mine is warped and short of drilling and inserting a rod to straighten them out, they arent the best.  And for the price, you can buy a hasegawa kit and use those wings.... ask me how i know....lol

My KASL wings are fine. There is a bit of a problem with the slat and flap attachment points not lining up perfectly in a few spots, but I think I can work around that. Sorry to hear about your wings. Have you tried contacting KASL?

3 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

How much is HobbyEasy shipping?

Shipping to the US is $12.82 air shipped with tracking.  So total is $62.18 and includes the bonus weapon set for the preorders only.  I already have two on preorder from Victory Models, but I think I will put one more on order through HobbyEasy.

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/tare0bal4idjzfrztyrj.html

3 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

That's true...

I have a Hobby Boss one here half build and it has been hard work so far. I was able to correct the intakes without going resin and it now looks good. The main LG legs are also too long, shortening them changes the geometry and is also time consuming. Also the external tanks sit far to far forward. Lot's of little things...fixable but time consuming. The only good thing...after the intake issue went around the globe the demand went down which pushed the price down as well. I paid 35EUR for my HB -B :-)

cheers

Uwe

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Falconxlvi said:

Thank you Darren, for bringing some sanity to the discussion.  I wholeheartedly agree- the Tamiya kit is fantastic and I can only hope the AMK kit goes together with the same ease.  

Steve

if the AMK kit goes together like their other kits, it'll be a breeze. 

gary

• 2 weeks later...