Trump F-106B Available...

That particular Ebay seller is basically a front for Squadron: so the fact that they started selling it means MMD / Squadron just received the kit. It should be available elsewhere soon.

FYI, both Caracal Models F-106 decal sheets I released last year have F-106B options for all of the units covered.

And still the Monogram kit (with a vacuform B conversion) from 1983 is better representation...

Yeah, I'm not messing with any vac conversion...this kit'll do.

Got the Caracal sheet standing by...

Yep have it on stand by as well. going to look good in the correct 125th F.I.S markings. Looks like it gives you the white lightning bolt and you can paint the blue background.

Andy

Edited by titan8251

They are an excellent seller as far as Ebay sellers go - I did not say there was any problem with their service and selection. All I am saying is that I believe they are either a front for Squadron, or otherwise have some very tight connection to Squadron's business. They sometimes start selling some MMD-imported items one or two days before they appear at Squadron, their profit margins on some products (keep in mind that I was a supplier to MMD for a long time) suggest that they must have a special deal with Squadron; and their product range is pretty much limited to what Squadron has. I know for a fact that the Caracal Models products they once sold came from Squadron.

Not that they are doing anything wrong; many businesses separate their corporate brand from their direct Ebay sales for many reasons. I came to believe that they are practically Squadron selling under a different identity.

Edited by KursadA

Run for Cover are not a front for Squadron. They are a Brooklyn (NY) based book store who decided to enter selling hobby related items and do use MMD as their distributor. Their profit margin is indeed quite small and their shipping charges low (they are near a post office).

This is from someone who found that they are literally a few blocks away from the hospital I work at.

Regards,

We've had the kit in stock for a few days now as well:

http://www.redstarscalemodels.com/product-p/trp02892.htm

Just had a couple go out the door and another on pick-up later on...

You're doing yourself a disservice by not having a spot in the Sponsor's Forum or at least posting up in the General section here or on Z5 when new items come in.

You have excellent prices, I'm sure most would buy from Red Star Scale Models if they knew where to look :)/>/>

Edited by 82Whitey51

I appreciate the vote - but I have been carefully building the business and wanted to make sure that I was fully ready to take a higher volume of business and fulfill orders in a timely manner before jumping into sponsorships, etc.

Also, kits for me are very much a sideline, as I build my own product line, as well as bring in specialty lines like KASL, Maestro and IC Aero - as featured in Chuk W's LanceR build!

Next stop for me is Nationals, from there, we'll take the next steps.

You're doing yourself a disservice by not having a spot in the Sponsor's Forum or at least posting up in the General section here or on Z5 when new items come in.

You have excellent prices, I'm sure most would buy from Red Star Scale Models if they knew where to look :)/>/>/>

I appreciate the vote - but I have been carefully building the business and wanted to make sure that I was fully ready to take a higher volume of business and fulfill orders in a timely manner before jumping into sponsorships, etc.

Also, kits for me are very much a sideline, as I build my own product line, as well as bring in specialty lines like KASL, Maestro and IC Aero - as featured in Chuk W's LanceR build!

Next stop for me is Nationals, from there, we'll take the next steps.

That makes sense, don't want to take on too much too quick or you end up dropping orders... and then the forum griping starts!

Nice to see some of those obscure product lines available here in the States.

Best of luck at Nats, I'm sure you'll sell a lot and quick.

Can we expect a gun, or maybe even a coffin in the near future? Both would be good.

Not sure what you mean by coffin, but the -B never carried a gun so its unlikely that this would be included this time around.

And still the Monogram kit (with a vacuform B conversion) from 1983 is better representation...

Meanwhile back in reality the other 99.9% of us who would like to finish the kit will take the Trumpeter kit..

Run for Cover are not a front for Squadron. They are a Brooklyn (NY) based book store who decided to enter selling hobby related items and do use MMD as their distributor. Their profit margin is indeed quite small and their shipping charges low (they are near a post office).

This is from someone who found that they are literally a few blocks away from the hospital I work at.

Regards,

They are the best eBay seller for hobby related material.

• 1 month later...

And no one has ever said that you cant or shouldnt. Just dont tell us we cant discuss accuracy of a kit when it is claimed that the Monogram kit is more accurate. (because it is) That deal is always uphold on one side somehow, never on the other...

Have fun with that.

I tried and failed to convert the Monogram kit to a B. Too much of a pain in the fool to bother with. I've messed with both the Airwaves and Falcon kits. I'll take the Trumpeter kit every time now that its available.