Hello all,

I am looking for a set of GBU-15s, preferably the big wing or long cord type, from the Trumpeter weapons kits for my Revell F-4E. I looked at the contents of the kit and I would never use all the weapons. I would buy or trade for them if anyone would like to let a set go. Thank you.

Pat Green,

Hey, Pat! To my knowledge, there are no early GBU-15s available, at least with the long chord. The ones I can think of are the EGBU-15s in the F-15E Bunker Buster kit.

I'd love some of these, too, for an F-4E if you ever find some!

Jake

Hey, Pat! To my knowledge, there are no early GBU-15s available, at least with the long chord. The ones I can think of are the EGBU-15s in the F-15E Bunker Buster kit.

I'd love some of these, too, for an F-4E if you ever find some!

Jake

Jake,

I was looking at the Trumpeter 1/32 weapons kits on Sprue Brothers and saw what I thought were the early big-wing GBU-15s, the ones in that particular kit are the ones I want but I know I won't use the rest of the parts in the box so that's why I was trying to see if anyone had bought the set and weren't going to use them. I love those USAFE Vipers on that decal sheet, especially the two TJ ones, I was there during that time frame and was in the 612th but I have not found any decals for them yet. I would certainly like to find them in 1/32 for my Academy F-16 and do a loadout from when we went to Incirlik for Desert Storm.

Pat Green,

They are in one of the Trumpeter weapons sets both broad and narrow cord plus AGM-130's

Got the set at home as I want to do my own GBU-15 F-4E at some point.

Just need to snag a data link pod from someone's Academy Sufa kit.

I have now idea how they scale out to the real thing yet...Trumpeter are well known for shape errors especially with their weapons supplied in the kits..

Edit heres the box art of whats in the set i have

TU03304_zpsxhf1zq40.jpg

Edited by mungo1974

Yep, that's the set. What is attractive about the AGM-130s is that you can leave off the AIM-7 rocket motor and have two other variants of the GBU-15. I Already have my Tamiya F-15E decked out or I would just buy the set and use more. I just want the large wing GBU-15........for the moment!!! I will probably cave in and just buy the set at some point.

Pat Green,

Well thats another £38 I wasn't planning to spend gone on a set ,

And thanks to you're excellent work Jake , my 32nd F-4E 3rd TFW model will be sporting a set of GBU-15's!

thanks a lot guys!!!! :woot.gif:/>

Edited by Scotsman

could Navy F-4s hang up this weapon? Or only USAF Phantoms (F-4C/D/E)? which timeframe?

it really looks stunning :woot.gif:/>

I don't think the Navy used them,i can't ever recall seeing any pictures...i think it was originally a USAF developed weapon later sold to allied friendly nations.

I presume the Navy attack guys just used the AGM-62 Walleye instead