Embarrassed at US Women's Soccer Team

Casually paying half attention to Women's world Cup. Absolutely appalled at the US.

Whining about calls, claiming Referee conspiracy in a game where the US got TWO penalty kicks yesterday

Upset over two well deserved Yellow cards

Complaining about the turf fields constantly

Hope Solo is utter trash, and wouldn't get a job at Wal-Mart, Thank god she can catch a soccer ball.

US Team allergic to coaching or change, several coaches have been fired thanks to player revolts from players who's prime has passed.

Primary strategy is put physicality over tactics, then get upset when physicality fails, or when teams are physical back

In thanks for your time, and to appease ARC's Canadian Overlords, here is a picture of Canadian Women's team Defender Lauren Sesselmann

laurensesselmannbeautyofsport.jpg

All praise Canada

Wait a sec'...a bunch of woman got together and there's complaining, b!tching and whining?

th_shocked-mouth-reaction_zps1e81a542.gif

I'm a very casual observer to the game...it reminds me of the NBA, in that the refs truly can decide the outcomes of games.

I noticed the Oz Matilda's defeated Brazil!

I have have little interest in soccer, but do note the Oz media hyping up our men's soccer team every WC, and every WC it comes to nothing.

After Norways exit yesterday when beaten by England, i am sorry to say i lost some interest in the tournament. Some wise guys said we had "figured out" England and well there was little chance of facing defeat. I really had my hopes up for the girls as the mens recent world cup history is more or less non existent. Actually more. Of course not all find women sports interesting. May the best woman win.

Sadly, most if not all that stuff is in every soccer game for women AND men. If they started to penalize players for diving and force those that go down like they were shot by gun to stay out of the game for at least 1/2 hour, it would clean up at least 50% of the BS we see on the "pitch". Until they do, you need to dive and feign injury just as much as the opposition to level the playing field. Since they introduced diving in hockey as a penalty a few years ago, swan dives have gone way down.

Thanks for the pic of Lauren Sesselmann. I had no idea we had a woman soccer player who didn't have 5 o'clock shadow. :rolleyes:

The only international sports competition worth watching anymore, because it's (mostly) still not about money (for now).

And before any soccer 'fan' who likes men's footie but rags on the women in any way says anything further... the guys are on the floor *way* more often. And whinge more. Bloody disgusting.

I'm gonna stop here though before I get myself banned from here, because ffs.

The only international sports competition worth watching anymore, because it's (mostly) still not about money (for now).

And before any soccer 'fan' who likes men's footie but rags on the women in any way says anything further... the guys are on the floor *way* more often. And whinge more. Bloody disgusting.

Couldn't agree more. Whingeing is as much a part of men's footie as the actual game play. Matter of fact the only group of professional athletes that are bigger cry babies are F1 drivers.

No doubt the guys are just as bad...it's a soccer/football problem, not a gender problem.

They seriously need to implement "diving/embellishment" penalties. It disrespects the game.

Not "just as bad" - they're far worse.

How often do you see a guy go down, and stay down until they realise the ref won't make a call? Compare that to how often you see the girl hit the ground and she's back up in an instant and playing on? Oh, and how often would you see something like the Korean goalie, who broke her collarbone in the match v France... and played through it? Maybe in hockey, not in footie.

Not "just as bad" - they're far worse.

How often do you see a guy go down, and stay down until they realise the ref won't make a call? Compare that to how often you see the girl hit the ground and she's back up in an instant and playing on? Oh, and how often would you see something like the Korean goalie, who broke her collarbone in the match v France... and played through it? Maybe in hockey, not in footie.

Clint Dempsey in just this last WC. Got a boot to the face breaking his nose and was off the pitch only long enough to change his bloody shirt and bung some cotton balls up his nostrils to staunch the bleeding. If it weren't for the rules about bleeding on the pitch I'm sure he wouldn't have even bothered.