NATO"s LanceR - Finale!

Time for a new project! The kindly folks at Icaerodesign approached to review and build their recent converssion set that allows one to build a Romanian version of the famous MiG fighter. They gave me an Eduard "overtrees" kit, their resin conversion and and an extra baggie of resin treats. In case you missed my review, you can see it here: or here. Let's kick this off!

Edited by chukw

Always lurk on your builds..... have the MiG-21MF on my to do pile too. I think mine will be Cuban though.

Have you seen the Rob Taurus Canopy for this kit?.... I don't know if it's any better but I just saw it at Sprue Bros.

Rob Taurus Canopy

:cheers:/>

Emil

Although I follow all your work diligently, this is a model on which the concentrate my attention because I own several boxes, as always you will be for me a source of modeling inspiration :thumbsup:

Hi Chuck,

I'm really curious on how you'll pull this one off! For now I'm not a fan of the Romanian paint scheme (too glossy, not enough weathering), but I'm pretty sure you will have me convinced when the built is finished ;-)

I also followed the master built Mig21 by Diego which is here: http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/the-war-machine-work-eduard-148.html

Thanks, gents- your support is very much appreciated! This is new territory for me- stuff's about get real! ;)/>

Nicholas, I hope mine comes out as fantastic as yours did- cheers!

Emvar, I think I'll stick with the kit canopy this time- sweet, sweet styrene! ;)/> A good Cuban sounds like a nice change pace.

Thanks, Xavi!

RedStar, I'm up for any expertise you may have on the subject- it will good to have you along!

Spad, I'll be doing my best. :)/>

Thanks, Nenad- I like you screen name!

Sernak, I aim to please.

Many thanks, Jeff!

piper19, you may be surprised as to the extent of weathering these birds endure. Mine will be anything but neat and tidy. I love me a dirty bird, and the reference back me up in this case.

I am currently slammed with deadlines, but I hope to sneak in a few minutes at the bench whenever I can- stay tuned!

chuk

Edited by chukw
  • 2 months later...

Thanks, everyone! Lenny- that's an Ott-Light- exceelent true-color illumination. The flexible neck allows for some dramatic photography as well.

Friends, life has been really busy as of late- but good things are coming. This may be my last update for a couple of months- we'll have to see what happens. In the meantime, Kapitain Andreea is back to show you the latest. Cheers!

MiG21_009.jpg

MiG21_010.jpg

MiG21_011.jpg

MiG21_012.jpg

MiG21_013.jpg

MiG21_014.jpg

MiG21_015.jpg

MiG21_016.jpg

MiG21_017.jpg

MiG21_018.jpg

• chukw changed the title to NATO"s LanceR - Finale!