NATO"s LanceR - Finale!

15 hours ago, Trainman 2001 said:

Chuck, you're one seriously good illustrator. Is that your day job?

Amazing indeed.

Both, modeling and illustrating are a pleasure to follow.

Keep up the good work Chuck! Looking forward to the next update.

• 1 month later...

Chuck, here's my first use of the Albion micro-tubes. I decided to detail the wing joint area of the Avenger using some great pics that one of my readers (who owns and actual TBM) posted on my thread.

IMG_6040.jpg

All of this gets painted dark sea blue with the flexible hoses are flat black.

Here's the actual plane's wing joint.

TBM%20WIng%20Fold%20Detail.jpg

Here's another look. This is a museum ship with an inaccurate paint job. Late TBMs were all blue in every exposed area including landing gear.

Restored%20TBM%20WIng%20Fold%20Detail_1.

The missing part is the two hydraulic rams that connect at the hinge line to open and close the wings. If I want the wings to open and close, that detail was a bit hard to create.

Today I put a coat of blue (after Tamiya primer) before all this gets too hard to reach. All those gussets are Eduard PE. Lots of work for details you'll really have to work to see. I have to pick out the details on the wing joint. Not much color needs to be added other than a little bare metal at the hydraulic latch and Rubber Black on the flexible hoses.

Wing%20Paint%202.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking good, Trainman! Thanks for the invaluable pics as well.

Youngtiger, Piper19- Thanks for asking. I am busy with so many things! My freelance work has taken off as of late- hooray! Money!  My modelling time is currently directed at a build article for Tamiya Modelling Magazine International. Naturally I'm going all-out on this build, and I think you'll like what's going on. I'll see if I can post a teaser or two.

Cheers!

chuk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks, Sarge!

I'm back! I've gone over all the pics in this thread, fixing errors and changing the caption font to be more reader-friendly I've also uploaded larger versions of the photos, so hopefully they're less compressed. The MiG is back on the bench and moving forward- I hope to have a new post up soon. Cheers!

chuk

http://www.chukw.com/Hobby/MiG21/Andreea_004.jpg[/img]

Edited by chukw
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, guys!  I haven't been able to do any modeling lately- freelance work came up, but then the bad stuff- eye problems. The vision in my left eye started to get blurred over, and after a few days it was like a dirty white veil was over that eye. An emergency trip to the ophthalmologist  revealed glaucoma and inflammation of the eye- yikes! Lots of meds and it slowly cleared up- whew. Then the same thing happened to my right eye! More meds, and it's slowly getting better, with no permanent damage expected. I'm currently taking it easy, but hope to get back to art and models soon- cheers! 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's your COVID19 update!  Hope you are all well and keeping safe. I still have a couple of weeks work to finish my current freelance job- and then, well- I'll have a lot more modeling time. As Starlord might say, "Something good? Something Bad? Maybe a little of both?" 

MiG21_100A.jpg

MiG21_101.jpg

MiG21_102.jpg

MiG21_103.jpg

MiG21_104.jpg

MiG21_105.jpg

MiG21_106.jpg

MiG21_107.jpg

MiG21_108.jpg

MiG21_109.jpg

MiG21_110.jpg

MiG21_111.jpg

MiG21_112.jpg

MiG21_113.jpg

MiG21_114.jpg

MiG21_115.jpg

MiG21_116.jpg

MiG21_117.jpg

Magda_005.jpg

Edited by chukw
  • chukw changed the title to NATO"s LanceR - Finale!