Sea Hurricane MkIc

During Operation Pedestal, the Malta convoys, the Royal Navy made great efforts to protect the convoys making their way towards Malta. During Operation Pedestal Three aircraft carriers, HMS Eagle which was sunk during the Operation, HMS Indomitable which was damaged and its deck put out of action and HMS Victorious, were charged with protecting the convoy until it got within range of the islands air defences.

During 12th August '42 Lt 'Dickie' Cork succeeded in shooting down 5 enemy aeroplanes in a single day. It is known that Cork (880 NAS) flew two Hurricanes during the day, which are believed to be Sea Hurricane MK I Z4642 and Z7093. Unusually, and there is a load of debate around it, part of his success is believed to be down to the fact that Z4642 is believed to have been fitted with the four cannon 'C' wing.

Now to the real question....

I have the Italeri 1/48 Hawker Sea Hurricane MkIb. I would like to do a 'C' wing conversion. Is the best way to buy the Italeri Hawker Hurricane MkIIc and graft the wing across? Is it a straight swap or does in need surgery? Is there an alternative, not needing to buy the other kit?

Edited by Grey Beema