Red Star Productions 1:48 Su-9 Detail Parts

Hey Guys - we're actually close enough to the release that I want to share a little more on our upcoming projects - these are the 3D prints, and CAD renderings of our 1:48 Su-9 detail parts:

RSP148004 - Su-9/11 Wheels

RSP148005 - AL-7F Exhaust (for Su-7/9/11)

RSP148006 - Su-9 Cockpit

The KS-2 and KS-3 seats are in process now, but didn't make it on this print.

You can find a lot more on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/redstarscalemodels

As well as our web store: http://www.redstarscalemodels.com

We have a number of kits and interesting product lines for sale already. Our kits are at superb prices, and the other product lines that we carry are quite unique - KASL, IC Aero Designs, Maestro, etc.

unnamed_zpsqgyowgii.jpg

unnamed-1_zpsuul3sizf.jpg

cokpit12_zpsfxz8srwj.jpg

cokpit6_zpspinnsd6w.jpg

cokpit5_zpsefqaivoz.jpg

cokpit16_zpsjrzscxoc.jpg

cokpit15_zpsn8qkovhy.jpg

cokpit14_zpswxa1c5sf.jpg

cokpit13_zpsnjytgkfp.jpg

Edited by RedStar

Yes, these are already heading to casting for resin duplication. Unfortunately to print at this resolution is just too expensive to duplicate the parts for resale.

Hopefully in the coming years, that won't be the case!

Very nice! The print quality is excellent (at least from these photos). It looks like it might have been printed on an Envisiontec printer using the expensive terracotta ceramic type material…

Good work on the CAD as well.

Cheers

Jeffrey

those looks really nice! i'll follow with great interest the development of your line of products70.gif

i didn't have buy the trumpeter's 1/48 Su-9 yet, but when i'll do (and i will, for sure) i'll surely get a try a your products!

Fantastic work Paul, don't forget to post pictures of the real parts as a color reference once everything is done. Hope you have them available soon as i started work on the SU-9 the day you answered my post regarding the Mirage III nozzle. Hope you deliver worldwide as i live in germany.

I am really happy :-)

And the surfaces of the big tube will look good with all the rivets and an Aires Pilot :-)

Aires is a mixed bag, I've ruined some models with Aires, but then I've also had some sets - particularly their newer sets - that were snap fits to their kits. I know that all of the kit parts were carefully measured, both the original cockpit and the inside of the fuselage. We did not laser scan, but did ever bit of measurement we could to ensure a good fit.

In fact, the very reason we did NOT chose to do wheel wells for this bird was because there was just no way to make a practical resin part that could be fit into the wings without destroying the kit parts.

Aires is a mixed bag, I've ruined some models with Aires, but then I've also had some sets - particularly their newer sets - that were snap fits to their kits. I know that all of the kit parts were carefully measured, both the original cockpit and the inside of the fuselage. We did not laser scan, but did ever bit of measurement we could to ensure a good fit.

In fact, the very reason we did NOT chose to do wheel wells for this bird was because there was just no way to make a practical resin part that could be fit into the wings without destroying the kit parts.

I'll attempt my usual inquisition: Did you get your hands on a real Fishpot, or did you work from drawings and photos? And, what CAD software are you using? Much thanks if you can answer those questions!

• 7 months later...

Hey guys - wanted to drag this thread back up to announce that these sets are finished through production and shipping now! I'll post more photos when I can get them loaded to some place that they can be shared here, but for now:

Our web store where you can order the parts:

http://www.redstarscalemodels.com/category-s/109.htm

We have also launched 1:48 MiG-31 wheels for the AMK kit - the improve the kit wheels by adding the missing tire details, and are also one piece, removing the assembly hassle.

You can find photos on our website, and PLENTY of material on our Facebook page - search Red Star Scale Models.

More soon!

There are plenty of photos of the resin on our page - including a build-up of the exhaust. I am working on better photos of the cockpit now. The seat does not have PE belts - but that's a function of the KS seats not really having a harness - as best as we can tell, the pilots wore the harness to the aircraft and was "clipped" into the seat, much like the F-100.

After quite a bit of research, we found the Su-11 cockpit to be quite a bit different from the Su-9. The Su-11 not only has a completely different instrument panel and radar scope because of the newer radar installed in the type. The port console is pretty much entirely new. The CAD guys are working on that cockpit now, so I expect to have renderings to show soon.