@ phantombullet

I have used many times oven cleaner, perhaps unconventional but effective. I would dismantle the ship into large easy parts. Do take time and do not force! Subsections work better. Take fi one gun ofthe ship put that in muscle ovencleaner and like i do on shower floor and leave it there for a few hours than shower the subsection most of the paint should be gone. Good luck! So pics appriciated.

Soap and water for the break fluid residue. I've had some paint that the break fluid doesn't touch, so used the Mr. line of paint remover and a q-tip.

Try Dettol from the green bottle, for small and large parts. A piece of kitchen towel dipped in Dettol, then draped or wrap is possible over the part to soak, make sure the towel is in the corners. Depending on the paint, it takes about 10 minutes depending on the paint and how thick the layer is. Then clean the part with a cloth slightly wet with soapy water.

I've stripped a model that was primed with Halfords primer, several layers of MM enamel black and two coats of Vallejo matt. Came of perfectly. Also various seams that were filled with Mr Surfacer and CA, were 99% intact.

David.

• 2 months later...