Not much that's picture worthy, just a bunch of small PE on the bow that you can barely see. I'll post some overall pictures when I touch up all the chips on the brass. I did however get the vents installed on B turret.

D4BA6FAF-E67C-4BF3-B9F0-1B369E2AB774.jpg

All I have left to do is build the water break and install the railings, then I can start building up

More to follow.....

Bill

Yep, great detail and fine work indeed :thumbsup: ! By being in this GB I have gained a new appreciation and respect for the level of detail...tiny detail...ship modelers put into their models. Good stuff!

Regards,

Don.

Thanks for the words guys, I'm pushing to finish the main deck, its kind boring work, and that small stuff doesn't seem to make it look like the ship is getting bigger. I'm excited to start building up. I have the main pieces of the forward superstructure built up somewhat, but there is still a lot of clean up and etch work to do on those, so they are on hold till the deck is clean.

Nice work Bill. Those PE railings sure are sweet :thumbsup:! You did a great job shaping them. But I have to say, I can't take my eyes off of that wood deck! If I ever do a battleship (the King George V, New Jersey and "Mighty MO" are my favorites)I will really consider using a wood deck. Great stuff!

Happy modeling!

Regards,

Don.

Please excuse me but I have a question about the wooden deck and figured this was as good a place as any to ask. How does the deck attach to the kit supplied deck? Self adhesive? How does the wooden deck fit over the various molded on bits of the kit deck? Are there cutouts in the wooden deck that allow you to lay it over such things as the molded on anchor chains etc? I have never seen an aftermarket wooden deck before and seeing Bills has me intrigued.

Thanks for answers!

Happy modeling!

Regards,

Don.

Here are the promised pictures, the first level of the forward super structure is ready for paint, there are going to be both colors, so I'll have to paint, let the light sea grey cure, the paint the gunship grey. After that is all cured, I can shoot with future and weather. Once THAT is finished, I'll attach the last four 40 foot swing booms, the barrels on all 8 casemate guns, and the anchors, as well as attaching the whole ship to the display base.

F391DBB4-2F4C-4CF4-ACEF-9506FC9B23F1.jpg

65D5C969-1CE9-4F11-82B0-7DA9296DE4B8.jpg

5291C7FB-2A23-4253-A848-158C616102F1.jpg

5C6B7B83-444D-4165-A7F2-31DB56B67AB2.jpg

More to follow......

Bill

Ok, the first level of the forward is almost done, I ran out of paint, and I was at the LHS this morning for our club meeting! :bandhead2:

F450AB2C-6801-4BE6-AE43-33CC77A348A6.jpg

A3F019B0-06ED-4A08-80A4-E704D2DB1B0E.jpg

I still need to clean up a little more of the wash, do some touch up painting on the 40' swing booms, and install the railing then I can dull coat. As you can see I also installed the barrels on the casemate guns.

I started the next level in the meantime until I can get more paint. The brass RDF shack is installed on the back of the superstructure, as well as the angle irons. The range clock is installed on the front. I really just need to touch up the seams, and I should be able to start painting tomorrow.

83CF363E-A282-4636-BD40-4B332AF8887E.jpg

9E498454-91EE-415E-BFE9-44BFC2718C5E.jpg

382390B8-30A3-4832-9FEE-83595F360E83.jpg

I'm closing in on the parts of this build I'm dreading the most, the bridge, and the mast. I have no doubt the fit will be excellent, but sweet baby Jesus! The amount of brass parts is insane, the mast alone is alone is almost 50 parts! This may require beer!

More to follow........

Bill

I really love the contrast between the wooden deck and grey splintered camo on the superstructure! She's gonna look awesome when finished!

+1 :thumbsup: