I brushed Future on this model with a foam brush in preparation for decals.when I saw it pooling I brushed it some more to prevent runs. However it did en up with an uneven application, which is still apparent through the semi gloss. some areas of the model seem to have dried glossier than others. I will think it over but i may need to just dull cote it to make it even. not sure what to do, but there are still a few days left.

I am really going down to the wire here, but now I am happier with the finish.

I applied Testors Dullcote, you know the old standby in the rectangular bottle and pink label. I have achieved the sheen I was going for

IMGP7911-vi.jpg

And all the undercarriage has been prepped

IMGP7908-vi.jpg

So tomorrow once the airframe dries, I can perform final assembly. I need to install the lights on the wings, the undercarriage and remove the masks.

And it is done!

IMGP7912-vi.jpg

IMGP7913-vi.jpg

IMGP7914-vi.jpg

I will take some better pictures when i can get some more light in this area.

Just glad to be done. I did loose one of the wing lights to the carpet monster at the very last minute. I will keep looking, but that was so aggravating.

Over all impressions

This seemed like cursed build for me. I encountered lots of setbacks, many of which were due to my own clumsiness, or a messy work area. I also found I really need better lighting in my spray booth area. I am still finding spots of incomplete paint coverage.

I am happy with how I handled the seams, but I let the model down with final finishing, and not being careful enough by breaking off a lot of antennas and the wheels, and such.

A very nice kit from Revell of Germany. The only thing I wish they could improve on is the landing gear, it would be nice to have beefier pins to attach the wheels to.

What about shooting some pictures outside when the sun shines?

HAJO

I know it sounds strange, but with the hours I work, combined with the time of year, by the time I get up, there is not much sunlight left. The photo backdrop will be here soon.

Oh, I can rely to that! Getting out of the house at 6:10 in the morning and coming back nearly 12 hours after... Only on fridays I´m back at 14:30 and of course there are the free weekends!

HAJO