Any news regarding the 1/48 Zvesda Bf 109 G6 ???

Nothing yet. I got a G-2 Vector conversion set to help the wait...

Eduard, in their Info Eduard issue 59, mentions their calamitous Me-109G-6 revisions were already completed in May... For the most produced vsriant of the most produced fighter of all time, it is not very lucky... Let's hope that this will be in the vein of their Mk IX...

Robertson

Edited by Robertson

Nothing yet. I got a G-2 Vector conversion set to help the wait...

Eduard, in their Info Eduard issue 59, mentions their calamitous Me-109G-6 revisions were already completed in May... For the most produced vsriant of the most produced fighter of all time, it is not very lucky... Let's hope that this will be in the vein of their Mk IX...

Robertson

Does that mean the Eduard G-6 has been completely re-tooled?

Does that mean the Eduard G-6 has been completely re-tooled?

They redesigned the G-6/G-14 kit completely and are now making new tools based on the design. The tooling should be ready by the end of the year and kits at some time in 2016. They are also in the process of computer construction of G-2/G-4/F-2/F-4 kits.

Latest news from Zvezda about a month ago was basically "we dont know". Not sure why they are dragging their feet, they could have easily swiped a lot of the market by releasing G6 before eduard's retool.

Edited by Berkut
1436207612[/url]' post='2723913']

Speaking of "a day late and a dollar short"... Eduard's hubris cost them the market. I'll buy multiple Zvezda G-6s and zero Eduard, re-tooled or not.

I'm pretty certain they're market share isn't gone because you choose to buy a different manufacturer's kit. It's obvious you don't like Eduard and would buy a different kit anyway; dimensional errors or not. I happen to prefer the Eduard kit, dimensional errors or not. I seriously doubt they're loosing a large share of the 109 market. But hey, I'm just a hobbyist.

I happen to prefer the Eduard kit, dimensional errors or not.

Great! That's wonderful news for Eduard!

I'm pretty certain they're market share isn't gone because you choose to buy a different manufacturer's kit. It's obvious you don't like Eduard and would buy a different kit anyway; dimensional errors or not.

Well, I'm afraid you're wrong on several counts there. For one, I'm **certainly** not the only person who feels this way. If you read anything from the time the first Eduard fiasco came out you'd know that. They're a day late and a dollar short, and their credibility took a MAJOR hit with the Bf109E and G blunders. For another, I happen to love Eduard kits in general. I have (I believe, at last count) six of their Spit VIII and IX kits, along with several others.

I've got so many good Eduard kits (many many of their Hellcats, Spitfires, Bf110s, Fw190s, etc) that their (admittedly major) blunder with the Bf109G-6 doesn't really bother me. Especially since they are bothering to completely re-do it.

I like the total Eduard package that you get with the Profipack and Limited Edition kits - nice variety of decals, packed in PE and resin bits, etc.

My ultimate plan will be to buy both the Zvezda and Eduard kits (when available) and play around with both.

In recent times I've picked up Eduard's Spitfire Mk. VIII, Spitfire Mk. XVI Dual Combo, P-39s at Guadalcanal Dual Combo, and their La-5/La-7 Limited Edition set. They all seem quite nice.

1436633330[/url]' post='2725233']

Well, I'm afraid you're wrong on several counts there. For one, I'm **certainly** not the only person who feels this way. If you read anything from the time the first Eduard fiasco came out you'd know that. They're a day late and a dollar short, and their credibility took a MAJOR hit with the Bf109E and G blunders. For another, I happen to love Eduard kits in general. I have (I believe, at last count) six of their Spit VIII and IX kits, along with several others.

I had no idea you liked Eduard kits, but that's only because what I read from you is typically frustration and lack of patience with Eduard. Glad you like the Spit kits! I see so many good things about that series. I should get one, or five.

Aaron

Speaking of "a day late and a dollar short"... Eduard's hubris cost them the market. I'll buy multiple Zvezda G-6s and zero Eduard, re-tooled or not.

Not from me. All companies make mistakes, but it's how they deal with them and I'm impressed with Eduard fixing as much as they did with the kit, makes me trust them more in the future, knowing if the screw something up they are more likely to fix it than anyone else.

Sure Zvezda might end up with less mistakes in their 109, but they have made plenty with other kits.

Not from me. All companies make mistakes, but it's how they deal with them and I'm impressed with Eduard fixing as much as they did with the kit, makes me trust them more in the future, knowing if the screw something up they are more likely to fix it than anyone else.

Sure Zvezda might end up with less mistakes in their 109, but they have made plenty with other kits.

not in the last three or four years. The only serious one I can think of was the canopy on their SU27.

gary

not in the last three or four years. The only serious one I can think of was the canopy on their SU27.

gary

You've have forgotten the cowling on their Su-2.

Edited by Tbolt

never seen one or heard of one. When I think of Zvezda, I think of their 109's, Lagg's, and Mig's

gary

They haven't done a LaGG or MiG in 1/48th scale, so I take it you are referring to 1/72nd? Their 1/72nd scale kits are a mix of their own newer kits (that are generally quite good) and reboxings of older kits by other manufacturers (mixed bag in terms of quality).

In 1/48th scale they have so far only done: La-5, La-5FN, Bf 109 F-2, Bf 109 F-4, Su-2 and Yak-3. All the 1/48th scale kits are fantastic and probably the best available kits for those aircraft, but the Su-2 requires some aftermarket to improve its accuracy (the mentioned cowl is the biggest issue).

They haven't done a LaGG or MiG in 1/48th scale, so I take it you are referring to 1/72nd? Their 1/72nd scale kits are a mix of their own newer kits (that are generally quite good) and reboxings of older kits by other manufacturers (mixed bag in terms of quality).

In 1/48th scale they have so far only done: La-5, La-5FN, Bf 109 F-2, Bf 109 F-4, Su-2 and Yak-3. All the 1/48th scale kits are fantastic and probably the best available kits for those aircraft, but the Su-2 requires some aftermarket to improve its accuracy (the mentioned cowl is the biggest issue).

my mistake, and your right. I thought I had a Mig3 from them, but must not. Still have never seen the SU2 in any scale. The SU27 was fantastic, but my canopy was messed up. Also lacks the exact shape (not that I could see it in 1/72 scale anyway). Otherwise I'd rate it as good as the Tamiya F16 in that scale.

gary

I agree - their new kits in both 1/72nd and 1/48th scale are fantastic, and also about the best value for money you can get. In fact, I'm not an airliner guy but I have had a look at a few of their 1/144th scale airliners and these are also beautiful kits. I visit Russia about once a year, and there the kits are even cheaper and you can find them in just about any toy shop - I always leave space in my suitcase for at least one. Given their quality and attention to detail and accuracy, I have a rather long list of aircraft I hope they will do one day. Although I love their WWII props, I do also wish that they will venture into 1/48th scale jets eventually. I can just imagine what their new Sukhoi would look like in 1/48th scale.

But not to derail this thread into another wishlist: I am pretty sure I will buy their Bf 109 G6 when it comes out. I've pretty much bought everything else they brought out in that scale (and quite a few in 1/72nd scale also).

I agree - their new kits in both 1/72nd and 1/48th scale are fantastic, and also about the best value for money you can get. In fact, I'm not an airliner guy but I have had a look at a few of their 1/144th scale airliners and these are also beautiful kits. I visit Russia about once a year, and there the kits are even cheaper and you can find them in just about any toy shop - I always leave space in my suitcase for at least one. Given their quality and attention to detail and accuracy, I have a rather long list of aircraft I hope they will do one day. Although I love their WWII props, I do also wish that they will venture into 1/48th scale jets eventually. I can just imagine what their new Sukhoi would look like in 1/48th scale.

But not to derail this thread into another wishlist: I am pretty sure I will buy their Bf 109 G6 when it comes out. I've pretty much bought everything else they brought out in that scale (and quite a few in 1/72nd scale also).

I'm eagerly waiting for the PE-2! What I'd love to see them do in 1/48th, is the MIG15 / MIG17 / MIG19 series. I think they are the ones to get it right (new tool). Like you, I'll probably be good for three or four bf109g6's. Think the "G series" will open the door for a whole new series of kits.

gary