Spitfire MkII

Local hobby/game/kids store has two models kits in 1/48 scale of the Spitfire. I'm eyeing them up so that I can build them for my boys to have in they're rooms. One is from Revell, second is Airfix. Only difference I can see is the cost...Airfix being more expensive than the Revell kit. But I do think the Airfix has a couple of extra things to it as it has 3 pics on the side for variations.

So I'm wondering if I'm missing something here, or is the Airfix kit just that much better than the Revell kit?

Thanks,

Doug

Depending on which Airfix kit it is, the Airfix is either much better than Revell (Old one) or in a completely different universe (New Airfix Mk.1). It's probably the older Airfix if it's labelled as a Mk.II.

If it's the new Airfix kit, it's far and away the best 1/48 Spit Mk.I/II there is (or likely will be). Other than the fiddly main gear legs, and indifferent fuselage fuel tank/windscreen fit (both easily fixed), it's a gem.

If it's the new Airfix kit, it's far and away the best 1/48 Spit Mk.I/II there is (or likely will be). Other than the fiddly main gear legs, and indifferent fuselage fuel tank/windscreen fit (both easily fixed), it's a gem.

I've been hearing about their new MK.I and the new MK.Vb for six months now without ever seeing one in the flesh!

gary