Tamiya 1/32 De Havilland Mosquito

Seconded. Great start, Lee! I have to get one of these but it'll take some saving.

Thanks for the kind words about the video. She flew three or four times that day, and it was amazing.

Edited by K5054NZ

I'm watching. Really nice stuff here. Can't wait for this kit. I just don't know why they did the same as they did with the 1/48 kit and didn't put any rivet detail on the wings and fuselage. I just built the 1/48 and wore out my Rosie tool...guess I'll be doing the same on this one too.

I'm watching. Really nice stuff here. Can't wait for this kit. I just don't know why they did the same as they did with the 1/48 kit and didn't put any rivet detail on the wings and fuselage. I just built the 1/48 and wore out my Rosie tool...guess I'll be doing the same on this one too.

Thank's for the comment.....Ha Ha funny joke about the rivet detailsmile.gif

Hi everyone,

After another solid 5 hr session although doesn't look like much has been done haha here is where i'm at now.

The hardest part of the cockpit is actually done.

001_zpscjocvabq.jpg

003_zpszmar2dk7.jpg

004_zpsnxqf7cp4.jpg

I also bought this new Iwata compressor as my old Iwata compressor was getting a bit long in the tooth...

Anyway this cockpit should be 90% done very soon i say 90% because i am going to add all the wiring and various lines also which in the Mossie's cockpit there is quite alot of.

Cheers Lee..

Seconded. Great start, Lee! I have to get one of these but it'll take some saving.

Thanks for the kind words about the video. She flew three or four times that day, and it was amazing.

Thanks K5054NZ.

If you like the Mosquito ( I think we all do ) you will love this kit yeah it's expensive but with what is in the box it's actually a pretty good deal imho

Thanks again mate...

Lee.

Lee,

The cockpit with the seat looks tremendous.

The compressor is a dream. My brother bought one when older compressor gave up the ghost, and he wanted a quieter unit for his condo so he could paint all hours of the night.

Joel

I just don't know why they did the same as they did with the 1/48 kit and didn't put any rivet detail on the wings and fuselage. I just built the 1/48 and wore out my Rosie tool...guess I'll be doing the same on this one too.

This has to be a joke. You're joking, right? The only rivet detail should be around the engine cowls and radiator, from memory. You don't rivet plywood.

Trust me, Lee, I desperately NEED this kit. Unfortunately I have a wedding I'm meant to be saving for....maybe we can put this kit in the gift registry? :thumbsup:

Lee,

The cockpit with the seat looks tremendous.

The compressor is a dream. My brother bought one when older compressor gave up the ghost, and he wanted a quieter unit for his condo so he could paint all hours of the night.

Joel

Thanks as always Joel

Yeah it's a great compressor it's quiet but what really impresses me most about it is how smooth the airflow is smile.gif

This has to be a joke. You're joking, right? The only rivet detail should be around the engine cowls and radiator, from memory. You don't rivet plywood.

Trust me, Lee, I desperately NEED this kit. Unfortunately I have a wedding I'm meant to be saving for....maybe we can put this kit in the gift registry? 70.gif

RIP to that 1/32 Mossie that receives rivets sad.gif....

Congratulations on the wedding !!!!! the good news is this kit will be available for quite some time and may even come down in price a little

Cheers Lee.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all sorry for the delay in updates but back to business again the cockpit is just about to be installed into the fuselage i just have to complete the gun sight and the bulkhead's and some other small details and then i can join the fuselage halves together so here is some pics before i do that

001_zpsz1oildij.jpg

002_zpslufxo7zk.jpg

004_zpsnkw5q5kx.jpg

005_zps9jf9aaw2.jpg

006_zpsqbaqzrts.jpg

007_zpsstdz2816.jpg

008_zps4a6fvdgz.jpg

009_zps8zzntdt2.jpg

As expected everything fits together excellent and we will start to see a lot of progress now i can't wait to join the fuselage together and see the mossie's sleek form take shape so ill go do that now

Back soon with a complete fuselage........

Cheers Lee.

That cockpit looks phenomenal! I especially love the seat harnesses, the instrument panel and the radio. The level of detail in this cockpit is simply outstanding! Can't wait to see more progress!

That cockpit looks phenomenal! I especially love the seat harnesses, the instrument panel and the radio. The level of detail in this cockpit is simply outstanding! Can't wait to see more progress!

Thank you for the comment Tamiya have really given this kit a great cockpit i was going to add a lot of wiring ect but i like the way it looks as it is yeah i love the way the harnesses look and the instrument panel.

Cheers Lee.

Tamiya has really stepped up and raised the bar on what a cockpit can and should be in 1/32 scale. Your detail painting just adds that little bit extra to kick it up to the next level.

Joel

Agreed, 100%!

Superb. Can't wait to build this one myself. I just don't know when it will happen. Your cockpit looks great. Another winner from Tamiya for sure.

Thank you it's alot of fun building this one hope you get yours soon till then hope you enjoy this build

Lee.

Tamiya has really stepped up and raised the bar on what a cockpit can and should be in 1/32 scale. Your detail painting just adds that little bit extra to kick it up to the next level.

Joel

Cheers Joel

The cockpit does give the "Feel" of the full size Aircraft i think it will be like that for the rest of the kit too i think that is what i love mostly about scale modelling

Lee.

That IP is amazing. Can you explain how you achieved it? Are there decals in there, or is it all painted?

Thank's Thommo

The IP is made up of decals with the detail printed on the sticky side (on the decal sheet they look like plain black decals) they are applied to the back of the clear pieces and then it's all covered by the photo etch panels. I used Tamiya craft bond PVA to hold it all together.

Cheers Lee.

Thank's Thommo

The IP is made up of decals with the detail printed on the sticky side (on the decal sheet they look like plain black decals) they are applied to the back of the clear pieces and then it's all covered by the photo etch panels. I used Tamiya craft bond PVA to hold it all together.

Cheers Lee.

Lee, do those decals come with the Tamiya kit, or do you have to get them aftermarket?

Also what type of airbrush are you using. I'm seriously thinking about moving from the fickle old Aztek to something else, and whatever you are using does a very nice smooth job.