Bon voyage Steve,

Have you given any thought to driving some Supercars while there? My bro and niece were thrilled to bits with their experiences at Loughborough. http://www.everymanracing.co.uk

G

I know for afact this would interest my daughter.....I'll let her check it out and let me know if she wants to do it on this trip or a future trip.

You may want to consider the Brooklands Museum with a lot of racecars and motorcycles, plus aircraft and the London Bus Museum as well.

I love the Brooklands museum when I was there 20 years ago. This is definitely a place I want to visit with her one day.

I know for afact this would interest my daughter.....I'll let her check it out and let me know if she wants to do it on this trip or a future trip?

Bro was impressed by the Aston DBS, excited by his drive in the F430 and thrilled to bits with his Arial Atom drive. He was then treated to 3 hot passenger laps in a KTM X-Bow. Niece loved the F458 Italia, but the Aventador was her favourite.

G

On a side note....one of the 2 founders of Aston Martin was a fellow by the name of Robert Bamford...no known relation to me...but it is a rare family name and because of this I have a passion for Aston Martins...hence my interest in the factory Tour. My daughter has a passion for Lotus (as do I)...hence our interest in the Lotus Factory tour.

At that rate you should visit JCB - the B stands for Bamford too, and a Bamford still runs the show. If you're in the Midlands for Nottingham, Rocester won't seem that far away.

'Course, you'd need to like diggers, and I've no idea whether they have a tour, but they do have a display team.

At that rate you should visit JCB - the B stands for Bamford too, and a Bamford still runs the show. If you're in the Midlands for Nottingham, Rocester won't seem that far away.

'Course, you'd need to like diggers, and I've no idea whether they have a tour, but they do have a display team.

I've actually considered the JCB story...it is pretty cool that such a rare family name has a few notable companies connected to it......this trip is mainly about me showing her all her British roots so she can appreciate where that side of the family tree comes from. If she is like me...she will fall in love with the UK and want to go back again and again....there is always so much to do there.

The Lotus factory tours are booked solid....I can't seem to find the page for the Aston Martin factory tours.....she's also considering a Jaguar factory tour.

Anyone ever done a tour of one of these car companies?

Steve, I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful and safe trip! :banana:/>

-Gregg

Thanks Gregg.

I've been connecting up with cousins in the UK I've never met.....my daughter it keen to meet as many of them as possible. It's shaping up to be quite the amusing 10 day trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve ,

I know you like to eat so... :banana:/>

here is an Unusual and Unique restaurants that London had to offer..something a tad different and quirky.

http://handluggageonly.co.uk/2014/08/24/9-unusual-unique-restaurants-try-london/

:wave:/> have lovely and safe trip to London etc... :beer4:/> :wave:/>

Thanks Holmes...there are some very interesting restaurants on that list.....I've been busy the past week trying to get things done to make sure everything goes smoothly during our trip...while I'm away from home.