A very special epioside of whad did you see today

Tuesday I had a chance to visit place in Gadsden Ala called International Jets will I was supporting The Alabama/Mississippi Wing Encampment (Civil Air Patrol).

Here they bring L-39s into the country, refurbish them and repaint them and sales them for the low,low price of 250,000 with ejection seats ( not a bad price considering). If you like L-39s, this is the place for you. I took pictures of everything I could through my quick tour, I hope you like them. BTW We need a new L-39 kit in 48th scale.

100_3091_zps2gemxcls.jpg

100_3090_zpsgfw0xgbl.jpg

100_3077_zps3ghd1op5.jpg

There were other another planes there too

like these, which I never thought I would see on US soil.

100_3081_zpse0w5sko1.jpg

100_3082_zpstadfvobt.jpg

Nice stuff! The L-39 is a slick looking bird. Even living in the country that made them I don't see them as often as I'd like.

Last I heard, MPM is planning ot put their 1/48 L-39 kit back on the market in updated form. Part of the updates include injection molded clear parts to replace the vac formed ones which yellowed so badly in the box.

That MS.760 Paris is something special. There can't be too many of them around I imagine, apparently four of them were imported to the US.

Edited by Kevan Vogler

Nice stuff! The L-39 is a slick looking bird. Even living in the country that made them I don't see them as often as I'd like.

Last I heard, MPM is planning ot put their 1/48 L-39 kit back on the market in updated form. Part of the updates include injection molded clear parts to replace the vac formed ones which yellowed so badly in the box.

That MS.760 Paris is something special. There can't be too many of them around I imagine, apparently four of them were imported to the US.

Will they be offering replacement canopies to those of us that spend $ on their original release?

and sales them for the low,low price of 250,000 with ejection seats ( not a bad price considering).

BTW We need a new L-39 kit in 48th scale.

I agree, it's a very good price but, the cost to preserve it in flight-condition (and for how long) must be quite higher.

As for the 'new 1/48 L-39', I totally agree, it's time for somebody to produce a better example of this lovely aircraft!!! Maybe one that will include the aircraft's engine. (like the Tamiya Mig-15)

I agree, it's a very good price but, the cost to preserve it in flight-condition (and for how long) must be quite higher.

As for the 'new 1/48 L-39', I totally agree, it's time for somebody to produce a better example of this lovely aircraft!!! Maybe one that will include the aircraft's engine. (like the Tamiya Mig-15)

I picture one of two companies doing a 48th scale L-39. It would be a perfect subject for either Kinetic models, Freedom Models or Wolfpack. Anyone of these three would make a great L-39 kit and it would fit in nicely with the kits they already have on the market.

Note to any manufactures that may read this post, I live only a hour away from International Jet I can easily go back and get more photos and references.