HobbyBoss 1/48 A-6E Intruder - Desert Storm

Oh, man...that is nice looking. Great job!

Who's decals? I had a friend in that squadron...but he didn't check in until after they returned from DS.

Decals are from Afterburner - Desert Storm Intruders. The kit is Hobbyboss.

I've added also Quickboost seats, Eduard Brassin wheels, Aerobonus MERs and DIY coated Mk.83s.

Awesome model! I really like those walkways, but the thing I like the most are the mk-83's! A-6 fully armed with 82's looks mean, but with 83's it looks so positively wrong :)

Thanks guys for all that nice comments :)/>/> I am glad you like it ;)/>/>

I like it a lot. Are folded wings an in-box option for this kit?

Yes, the folded wing are straight OOB. BUT! for this option you need to install slots and flaps in close posion which is VERY VERY VERY time and labour intensive.

The kit is engineered in a way closing flaps and slots is quite tedious.

But the result is just awesome ;)/>

Awesome model! I really like those walkways, but the thing I like the most are the mk-83's! A-6 fully armed with 82's looks mean, but with 83's it looks so positively wrong :)/>/>/>

I have found a poor quality video on YouTube one day. There were several VA-36 A-6Es on a carrier deck being ready for a mission back in 1991... They were all loaded with Mk.83s. Some two or three planes carried Mk.20 Rockeyes.

It was the moment which makes me start the build. I had never saw an A-6 loaded with 10 Mk.83s on MERs... Instant love :)/>/>

Thanks again guys

S.