A question for photographers

Hello

I need advice about wide-angle lenses. I am going to be shooting photos of new-build houses for a local construction company and need a wide-angle lens for the job. I don't know much about them, so I am looking for advice on what is a good lens to get. I'm not looking for top-of-the-line, but I want to get one that is going to do a decent job. I have a Canon 70D, so that tells you what mount I'm looking for.

Thank you

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I just picked up a Canon 10-22 mm wide angle lens for the same thing. I have shot one house with it so far. Does the job very nicely. I use mine on a 60D, they run about $600.

Mike.

Edited by mike_45

Aaaron,

I also own the Canon 10-22. It is a good lens, although it is not without a fair amount of distortion. That being said, you get what you pay for, and it is a decent way to get really wide on a crop body like the 70D.

Ideally for buildings/real estate you want tilt/shift lenses to avoid converging lines on taller structures where you have to tilt the camera up to get the entire building in the frame, but then you're getting into big $$.

I have the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens that I've used on my crop-sensor Canons. It's a superb lens, excellent image quality, and $150 less than the Canon crop-body wide angle.

http://www.bhphotovi..._PRO_DX_II.html

I use this lens for my wide-angle work as well. EXCELLENT piece of glass.