This was just south of Pittsburgh on I-79, Canadians ever fly these? I'm just curious where it came from.

Nope, we never had them up here, we operated the CT-114 Tutor and CT-133 Silver Star instead.

The Belgians were the last operational users of the Magister, retiring the last of their fleet in 2007.

Edited by mawz

Undoubtedly imported from Europe, probably by a wealthy warbird enthusiast.

Alvis bought it...I told him to move it at night so no one would know what he was up to. :P

It looks a bit...incomplete :woot.gif:/>

Maybe this guy has graduated to 1/1 scale, the ultimate kit! That must have been a great conversation, ' honest honey it won't take up that much of the back yard '

Maybe this guy has graduated to 1/1 scale, the ultimate kit! That must have been a great conversation, ' honest honey it won't take up that much of the back yard '

Gold!

The last few comments got a giggle out of me and negated my own pun based contribution, but this is the clear winner, having achieved splork. Coffee everywhere. You owe me a keyboard.

Nope, we never had them up here, we operated the CT-114 Tutor and CT-133 Silver Star instead.

The Belgians were the last operational users of the Magister, retiring the last of their fleet in 2007.

Actually the Israelis retired theirs in 2010.

Edited by Koen L

Going by this thread, it's likely one of six Magisters kept at Beaver County Airport and quite possibly made by the Finns:

My link

Valmet in Finland built 62 under licence. The Israelis made them as well. Looking at some of the pics in your link it could be one of them as they were the last in service.