CD48092 - B-1B Lancer

• 1 month later...

Very cool, just saw "Symphony of Destruction" very recently doing some nice topside passes at the Dubai Airshow:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Rockwell-B-1B-Lancer/2731218/L/

Obviously it is just deployed to that 'area of operations', with no covers on the chaff/flare dispensers...

Interesting to see the stress wrinkles on the B-1, just like the B-52. The Bone is starting to show her age...

That one is nice, too. I considered it, but could not find too many photos showing the entire airframe at the time I was doing my research.

This sheet is literally days away from being complete, and the options on the sheet were decided more than a month ago. As such, it is a bit late to add new options - but I will do another B-1B sheet for camouflaged aircraft, and your suggestions for that scheme will be very helpful.

Kursad,

I just traded a emails with Roy Sutherland from Barracudacast/cals/etc. and they will be releasing a bunch of their B-1B updates in 1/72 this winter. This will provide some much needed updates to the Monogram kit, and could spur some renewed interest for those that have them in their stashes. As we have previously discussed, the Twobobs sheet is somewhat lacking and I'd love to see a complete sheet with full, accurate stencils in the small scale. Any chance we will see this sheet scaled down?

Thanks a lot!

Hoops

PS. Looking forward to seeing which aircraft will be on the sheet!

That one is nice, too. I considered it, but could not find too many photos showing the entire airframe at the time I was doing my research.

This sheet is literally days away from being complete, and the options on the sheet were decided more than a month ago. As such, it is a bit late to add new options - but I will do another B-1B sheet for camouflaged aircraft, and your suggestions for that scheme will be very helpful.

I do have some more shots of the airframe... what else do you need?

I do have some more shots of the airframe... what else do you need?

Too late for this sheet - there is no way I can add a new option at this point and meet the deadline to make this available in December, sorry. I wish I received the references back in August when I announced this. You can send anything you have to info AT caracalmodels.com, and I will see if I can add them to the 1/72 sheet.

Too late for this sheet - there is no way I can add a new option at this point and meet the deadline to make this available in December, sorry. I wish I received the references back in August when I announced this. You can send anything you have to info AT caracalmodels.com, and I will see if I can add them to the 1/72 sheet.

If it's not going on the 1/48, then I'll hold on to them in case there's something else in the future.

1/72 isn't going to help me in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the final draft of this sheet - the options on this set are:

- B-1B 85-0073 "Dark Knight", 9BS, Dyess AFB

- B-1B 86-0126 "Hungry Devil", 28BS, Dyess AFB

- B-1B 86-0121 "Symphony of Destruction", 37BS, Ellsworth AFB

- B-1B 86-0132 "Oh! Hardluck", 337 TES, Dyess AFB

- B-1B 86-0139 "Dakota Queen", 34BS, Ellsworth AFB

It should be available for sale around mid-December.

cd48092draft.jpgcd48092stdraft2.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...