Need help sourcing some special bolts for a work project

I know this is probably way out in left field for most things posted here, but I need help finding bolts for a project at work.

I work for a carbon fiber composites shop, and right now I have a project I'm working on that will be 2 halves that will be bolted together. Carbon fiber generally doesn't react well be to being tapped, especially w/ the pressures this part will see when in use, so I have to use some kind of threaded insert or bolt to hold the parts together.

I'd originally thought about threaded inserts or some kind of captive fastener, but the design of the parts make laminating in threaded bosses incredibly difficult, it possible at all.

So, what I'm looking for is a male & female screw/bolt that will come in from each side to hold the parts together.

I've found this time of thing is generally called a sex bolt, binding bolt, architectural bolt, etc. I've found several different kinds, but the issue I'm running into, is I need the fasteners to be #8-32 thread. Anything larger wont fit in in the part.

This is what I'm looking for looks like. This is the female end.

Binding%20Bolt.jpg

Ideally, I'd like to find these w/ Socket Heads, but I think Button Heads like the image would work too. The current design uses Socket Head screws, so thats what I'm trying to copy.

Edited by Adam Baker

Your image didn't post.

Can you show us what the project looks like? Maybe if you have fresh eyes looking at what you are looking at, someone might be able to give you a totally different idea.

Robert

Edited by Ro-Gar Hobbies

Hmm, not sure why the image didn't show, but I just saved it & uploaded it to my photobucket acct, so should show now.

Unfortunately no, I cant share it. The project is covered by an incredibly strict non-disclosure agreement. Posting images of the part would cost me my job, and potentially cost the company a massive amount in fines.

Edited by Adam Baker

No, not yet. That was something I figured I'd try doing Monday if I cant find anything this weekend. I only came up w/ the idea of using this type of fastener a couple hours ago, and I don't know that MSC, McMaster Carr or Grainger would have anyone available at the moment.

I have found a company that can make them custom, but that is really the last route I want to go if I can help it.

Edited by Adam Baker