I have it and have given it a cursory look, haven't measured it. It looks really nice. It has the correct interior layout and external fittings. Details are very nice and well defined. It looks awesome to me.

I concur HA, got mine yesterday. Shape looks pretty good to me, the surface detail is very nice, interior looks very realistic as well. Hope for some PE maybe and some more decals. Overall I'd say a very nice kit.

Chuck

Does it come with the M240 or sniper rifles used in the HITRON role??

No, the weapons and HITRON decals are not included. I have them from other 1/35 sets and intend to do a HITRON bird. Live-Resin makes a nice M240G MG and M107 sniper rifle as well.

Edited by HeavyArty

When armed, it is known as an MH-65C.

JK23_069.jpg

11023150_1552389888379006_757863583_n.jpg

HITRON (Helicopter Interdiction Tactical SquadRON) is an armed U.S. Coast Guard helicopter squadron specializing in Airborne Use of Force (AUF) and drug-interdiction missions. It is based at Cecil Field in Jacksonville, Florida. The MH-65Cs are armed with door-mounted M240G 7.62mm MGs and a hand-held M107 .50 cal Barrett sniper rifle. The idea is to be able to shoot out the engine of a fast-moving drug boat in open water. They are pretty effective.

Edited by HeavyArty

I sure wish someone could get a few good pictures of the M240 mount and rear cabin. I know they have a weapons rack and ammo storage system on the left rear wall, but not sure how it is secured and what rescue equipment is still carried on HITRON missions.

When armed, it is known as an MH-65C.

The MH designation has nothing to do with being armed, the HH to MH upgrade was an avionics mod (mostly on the comes side), and was completed fleet wide around the middle of 2012, with Air Station North Bend being the last unit to upgrade from the HH-65C to the MH-65C if I remember correctly. Nowadays we're all flying Delta models, with Air Station Detroit getting their last MH-65D in May.

Only external difference is the removal of the OADS probe and standpipe (the thing sticking out of the top of the rotorhead). Inside there isn't much different, new CDUs - same size, just a slightly different button layout, no more camcorder wired in for hoist camera recording (all digital media now), and some new switches for the digital recorder. All MH's were capable of FLIR installation, but it was pretty hit and miss as to what airframe had it mounted at any given time due to availability of the kits. It wasn't until the tail end of the Delta upgrade that you could pretty much count on the FLIR ball under the nose being there.

ETA - these are differences between the MH-65C and -65D, to go from HH to MH you also have to go from an 11 blade to a 10 blade tail rotor, make a SATCOM antenna between the exhausts, make a towel bar HF antenna, and make new comm antennae for the top and bottom (white antenna just forward of the oil cooler intake above the cockpit and forward of the fenestron on the bottom of the boom).

Edited by SpiritZeroThree

Does anyone know of a site with some good walkaround photos of a late MH-65D? There's a nice on over a Prime Portal, but it's of a earlier -65C. Thanks.

Chuck

Expect one of current D's in a couple months when I get settled from our move.

Hi all friends!I've decided to join your community because i love choppers, especially the dauphin. I work on 365N3 so i can give you some advice. The 1/35th scale trumpeter kit is not so good in terms of proportion and respect of real dimensions.For example the rear landing gear tyres are too big (all the 4 tyres are of the same diameter). Moreover the main blades bending is wrong. On the left side under the engine exhaust there is a protective shield due to higher gas temperature of the Arriel 2c2 CG. The Fenestron should be the 10 blade one and the vertical fin is a little bit higher in reality. Last but not least the distance between the front nose gear and the rear landing gear in the kit is wrong. I've forgotten to tell you that in the 365N2 1:35 kit also the rear sliding doors are wrong (the kit uses the ones of a VIP 365N2 whereas the correct doors are convex like in the photo below)

62645_1313703665.jpg

Ask if you have question.

Regards!

Edited by as365n3

Good to have you on board. Interesting info for sure, you're spot on those bends in the blades. It's wrong and very noticeable. I'll have to look a little closer at this kit. Thanks again, looking forward to more of your knowledge.

Chuck

Good to have you on board. Interesting info for sure, you're spot on those bends in the blades. It's wrong and very noticeable. I'll have to look a little closer at this kit. Thanks again, looking forward to more of your knowledge.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

yes, this kit is very inaccurate. Just check the vains of the rear landing gear. They starts when the rear sliding doors end. And the two doors are equal in length.

1481048.jpg

Here is the kit: you can notice the rear sliding doors are completely wrong

image2.jpg

Edited by as365n3