Ok guys, in simple words, is this kit worth to buy it or not? It is at least a good replica of the real deal?

Rod.

IMHO, it is not worth to buy! For 80 euros you get a kit that needs heavy scratch building. I suggest to make a list of what it's wrong:

- Main blades bending

- Fenestron (the shape is wrong and you will notice it)

- no door handles

- no pitot tubes

- wrong rear sliding door shape

- no main rotor and over engine exhausts antennas

- no heat shild under the left engine exhaust (correction: it's in the kit)

- wrong tyres dimension

- wrong distance between front nose gear and main gear

- no co pilot front left door bottom window space (that one is incredible)

- 11 blades fenestron vs 10 blades one (ok, this is not an error but in 2015 after several years using the 10 blades version i think this is a signal of an inaccurate job)

6535_HH-65C_USCG_Corpus_Christi_(3145354890).jpg

Edited by as365n3

Wow!, Trump finally brings out a new helo in 1/35 scale and it brings out the critics.

Don't think they doesn't visit ARC either.

So what if it takes some scratchbuilding and aftermarket parts to make it look real!

That's model building of you ask me.

Are we gonna bash KH when a 1/35 scale UH-1 is brought out???

Cut them some slack!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I guess it depends on what you think is a decent kit. Is it perfect, no, but no model is. Is it workable, yes. I don't mind doing a little bit of modeling. Since it is the only 1./35 HH-65C, I will still build it and correct it, no issues.

IMHO, it is not worth to buy! For 80 euros you get a kit that needs heavy scratch building. I suggest to make a list of what it's wrong:

- Main blades bending

- Fenestron (the shape is wrong and you will notice it)

- no door handles

- no pitot tubes

- wrong rear sliding door shape

- no main rotor and over engine exhausts antennas

- no heat shild under the left engine exhaust (correction: it's in the kit)

- wrong tyres dimension

- wrong distance between front nose gear and main gear

- no co pilot front left door bottom window space (that one is incredible)

- 11 blades fenestron vs 10 blades one (ok, this is not an error but in 2015 after several years using the 10 blades version i think this is a signal of an inaccurate job

6535_HH-65C_USCG_Corpus_Christi_(3145354890).jpg

-No satcom antenna between the exhaust is correct for an HH, as is the 11 bladed tail for the majority of the service.

-other minor issues with shape are easily fixed with a little scratch building and maybe some help from the aftermarket guys.

Coming from someone who has spent the better part of his career maintaining and being aircrew on the HH-65C, and MH-65C/D this kit looks plenty workable.

What i wanted to say is not that the trumpy kit isn't workable, but that for almost 100 euros i'd like to buy something more accurate, precise and so on...

When will the Mh-65E arrive?I've heard it will have a full glass cockpit. New engines or still arriel 2c2cg?

First E model is probably about ready to head up to pax river, it was doing initial engine runs in march. Still 2C2-CG powered. I haven't seen the latest plan for airframe allotment, but I would guess we'll see them in Atlantic City next summer, followed by HITRON, then the rest of the fleet over the next 3 years or so. Once again, just a guess.

Edited by SpiritZeroThree

Nice! I thought you were fitting the new E model with the Arriel 2N like the Panther. We cannot fit the Arriel 2N into our N3 and it's a shame because +140 bhp per engine would have increased the OEI performance by a lot. And we cannot replace a 4.3 MTOW chopper with the H160 (6t MTOW) like you i guess. The post Dolphin era is still unknown!

Are you happy of the Arriel's OEI perf?

Edited by as365n3

I really want this kit

The thing that i really whabt to know is does it build up properly i.e for about 100$ usd im i gona have to putty all over and sand all the details out building it ! Like some other kit that just dont fit right. I cant live with sone inaccuracies has long has 80% is right

So this just happened.....

Ulkd7Tz.jpg

Doing a comparison with kit parts again the real thing this morning, there are only a couple small gripes on the oustside

1. Main gear box cowling - instead of moulding it in one piece like the engine cowlings there is a weird line going across it with the intake as a separate part. no big deal, just requires a bit of putty if it will be displayed with cowlings closed, and some surgery to open them up.

gJgGzoa.jpg

2. Main rotor head - blade beams are incorrectly shaped, zip ties are molded on upper and lower beams (3 large zip ties are used to secure the main rotor blade bonding braids to the lower blade beam), and 4 bolt heads are molded into the outboard end - should be 3 bolts securing the frequency adapter then 2 blade pins. Once again, easy enough to fix, but one area that would greatly benefit from some resin and photo etch love from the aftermarket.

nC7Lr0X.jpg

Big one on the inside that very few people will ever notice is the cabin deck. Between STA x3205 (9 degree frame) and STA x4630 the floor is inclined by a few degrees, but on the model is molded flat. The result on the model is a baggage compartment aft of the cabin is oversized.

Other than that I'm very pleased with the kit. Fuselage surface detail is 98%, the landing gear bays ARE properly located, the tires are the right size (wheel tire ratio looks a tiny bit off, but at 1/35 who will notice?). The lack of glass on the copilot door is a giant QC error in engineering bit I think I've got a solution for that I'll detail when I get a work in progress thread going. Final verdict - I'm happy spending $100 on the kit, but I might be a bit biased towards the type.

Edited by SpiritZeroThree

Great info, but could you please explain number 2 as if you were talking to a 12 year old? That would be me. HA!! I understand the blade droop is way off, but terms like blade bonding braids, lower blade beam and frequency adapter are kinda over my head. Got any idea what how to replicate the FOD screens over the intakes? Thanks for the info, photo's and help.

Chuck

Alright kids, here's a quick break down of the 365 rotorhead. Central portion of the head is the Starflex, a semi rigid composite hub that everything else attaches to. The blades are secured by an upper and lower blade beam, 2 foam core/carbon fiber wrapped paddle looking pieces that go from the spherical thrust bearing (which is bolted to the starflex) on the inboard side, out to the frequency adapters on the outboard side (attached to the Starflex by a bearing). The blades themselves attach to the beams with a pair of pins just outboard of the freq adapters.

Hello guys !

Now most of the Major mistakes of the kit have been discussed. Myself, i could complete this kit some days ago !

Some things i had to scratchbuild, wheels were taken from an Jayhawk in 1/48. On my Dolphin there have to be placed the decals,

here im am waiting for some other decals, that include more options, like the Kodiak bird, etc.. After placing the decals, i would build the door handles.

But now a few photos:

DSC_0010_1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016_1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Hope you like it so far,

Greetings from Austria, Michael

I'll do my best Rod, but as you can see with my first picture post (couldn't get it to rotate) it might be above my computer skills.

BK, I'd also like to hear about any issues before I get started. Your build looks great.

Todd