1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIC

• 4 weeks later...

Rather tempting but given Italeri's recent F-104 I will wait for some sort of review to surface before taking action...

???

I love that Starfighter kit. I built one, and bought 2 others that I am saving for when I feel inspired to do a good job on them.

This Mirage kit looks pretty good to me.

ALF

It could be the CGI generated reflection, but the windscreen looks a little squared-off to me.

I had the same thought but on closer inspection it appears to be the reflection that is causing the false impression, the windshield looks ok.

Globally it doesn't look bad but there are some weird things. Two of them :

- Magic missiles should be on "canted outwards" rails

- IIIC didn't have landing lights on FLG

The CAD has some weird perspective, so it is hard to be sure, but generally speaking it looks OK.

The underwing tanks look like having a nose-up attitude though...

I am more interested in the Kinetic E, but will not buy either until sprue shots and pictures of built up models are shown.

It will be interesting to see if they provide entirely new fuselages for both versions, or just different noses.

On the plus side, Kudos to the designers for providing the windscreen the way they did. Finally somebody is producing that part in a modeler-friendly way!

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just received the kit. Initial inspection has revealed a really nice little 1/32 kit. The panel lines are not the finest but definitely not bad either. The parts breakdown seems to make sense and the external stores are suitable. My kit also didn't have that fuselarge mold mark that has been pointed out in some reviews.

I am really keen to throw this one together as an out of the box build with maybe a resin seat... I think it could be a very quick and easy project.

:cheers:/>

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

Hi Marcel!

Yes this is a nice kit. I like the panel lines as well.

Gear bays are well detailed.

Cockpit could have been more elaborated, but with nice painting it will be fine.

Now, just try dry fitting with nose cone and rear section to fuselage. :bandhead2:

Seems like the nose was not engineered to fit the kit... :wacko:

cheers

Romain

Aside from fit I believe that there are a number of small but silly errors (see-through airbrake bays, wrong number of gas outlets in the JL-100 pod/tanks, opaque manual emergency canopy release glasses, etc). Not a bad kit but not impressive value for money considering fit and price.

Aside from fit I believe that there are a number of small but silly errors (see-through airbrake bays, wrong number of gas outlets in the JL-100 pod/tanks, opaque manual emergency canopy release glasses, etc). Not a bad kit but not impressive value for money considering fit and price.

Too bad on the fit, but it cannot possibly be worse than the fit on the Growler I am presently building, I still keep thinking the fuselarge halves will pop apart at any minute considering the force required to hold those together.

Bummer on the JL-100... now let's hope the Kinetic IIIE kit will have good JL-100's. I saw the airbrake bay issue but then those are almost always closed when the aircraft is parked. All in all I am really excited to build a IIIC sometime.

:cheers:

Marcel