Lockheed Martin to purchase Sikorsky

Was browsing through the internet this morning, and came across an article stating that Lockheed has agreed to purchase Sikorsky from Unites Technologies for 9 Billion dollars.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/37dec930-2eda-11e5-91ac-a5e17d9b4cff.html?ftcamp=traffic/partner/US/CNNMoney/widget/auddev#axzz3gWgR1C3z

But did you place the stock order in time?

No in my case... :( I need to get my crystal ball re-calibrated, not working very well lately.

Got a bit of Textron stock, had a pipe dream that they would buy Sikorsky (not sure that this would even work due to anti-trust issues).

Gonna be weird hearing about Lockheed UH-60 Blackhawks or are they going to keep the Sikorsky brand intact? Hopefully Lockheed can keep things going strong. Sikorsky has some challenges in the future (wind-down of the H-60 line, problems with the new CH-53 version).

Lockheed Black Hawk =) sounds weird =)

Heard it around the office a while back but didn't pay much attention to it.

Its all kinda sinking in now lol

If this crap keeps up, it'll be the Boeing/Grumman-Northrop/Lockheed-Martin/Ratheon/Sikorsky A/B/C/F/SH/CH-1775 "Whatchamacallit-Thingamajig"

It's up for debate just how much it already is like this. When you start looking at contractors and subcontractors the lines blur really fast.