IPMS Nats in Columbus and Vendors

I got the two "gottagetits" for this year: the Airfix Do-17Z and Defiant (even scored on if Barracuda's last sets of Defiant wheels.) Now I need to see if I can find the Xteadecal Defiant sheet.

SN

Edited by Steve N

I got the two "gottagetits" for this year: the Airfix Do-17Z and Defiant (even scored on if Barracuda's last sets of Defiant wheels.) Now I need to see if I can find the Xteadecal Defiant sheet.

SN

Steve

Check with Rare Plane Detective. I was looking for an out of print Freight Dog decal a few years ago and he had it in his stack. Good price too.

I hope you guys are leaving all the race car stuff for me.

Make sure you check out American Racing Miniatures. They've got some beautiful resin kits of mid-late 20's Indy stuff as well as late 90's Indy stuff.

Oh yeah, and hit the vendor room first unless you really want to see the contest tables. Most of the vendors start packing up early on Saturday. I missed a few of them last year because I went to the contest tables first.

-Dave

Edited by 2qwik4u

Will all depend when we get there. I have a 1:1 car to check out in Columbus before we hit the show. Amazingly it's on the same street the show is on.

We should get to Columbus around 11am. Then who know how long it will take at dealership. Especially if we double the amount of vehicles we take home!

Aside from the B-1B stuff, Roy was supposed to announce some new items at the Nationals, any word what these new items are yet?

Brad

Barracuda has confirmed their attendance with B-1B stuff on another board but he was opening starting Thursday AM so they could very well be gone by Saturday...Good Luck

hay guys all b-1s are now at dyes

Tinker is the home of the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center and performs programmed depot level maintenance to the entire B-1 fleet as well as a host of other USAF and USN types. Operational B-1s are not only at Dyess but also at Ellsworth in SD. There are others at Nellis and Edwards in test and training capacities. Thought you might want to know. :salute:/>/>

Now back to your regularly scheduled post about Nats.

Edited by Drifterdon

I think its Edmonds not Edmond, my bad. Oklahoma!

Well, I'm sure I'll have fun whether Barracuda has the resin casts I need or not.

I think that you mean Ellsworth AFB, SD. Elsworth and Dyess AFB in Texas are the only active B-1B bases.

Edited by Johnopfor

Hammm,

I really wish that I was able to meet you. You are a B-17 building legend I really wanted to meet. Next time, Brother! Im buying!

-Jim

You're not there today? Heading down in about 40 minutes should be there noonish.

Yeah. Wearing my light blue SunnFun shirt! Will be in the vendor area and by the squadron area for the 12:00 raffle. have to leave for Chattanooga after the raffle...

Might miss you by "that much".

-Jim

I'm a little bummed. I looked all around for Gordon, but never did find him. At least I met Floyd Werner from Werner wings!

It was good to our a face with a name.

Pretty cool models in the contest room, but the lighting stunk!!!

Tim

I'm a little bummed. I looked all around for Gordon, but never did find him. At least I met Floyd Werner from Werner wings!

Tim

Yeah I know what you mean about the lighting I couldn't believe how dark it was in there, guys were using flashlights to get a better look at the models

Ok, so why didn't someone point out that Darren Roberts is so friendly, outspoken, and just plain cool to talk with. Yo, Darren! Anytime you need to borrow a connection to WDW, you just let me know!

-Jim

Tim

Took me awhile to find Gordon too but I had heard that he had to leave early (around 2-3ish on Saturday) Darren was handing out the gifts on behalf of him so you might be able to check in with him.

Yeah I know what you mean about the lighting I couldn't believe how dark it was in there, guys were using flashlights to get a better look at the models

ISO 5000-6400 was needed for most of my shots...I thought my eyes were going bad just going from model to model.

Ok, so why didn't someone point out that Darren Roberts is so friendly, outspoken, and just plain cool to talk with. Yo, Darren! Anytime you need to borrow a connection to WDW, you just let me know!

-Jim

Echo that, it was a pleasure to just plain shoot the $@%# with him.