Modified Incom T-47 Airspeeder Snowspeeder

Janne,

Your weathering is just so realistic even on a fictitious Si Fi build. Now that's saying something. Just wish you would have included more pictures of your weathering process with the make-up for us shall we say "challenged" modelers when it comes to out of the box thinking.

Joel

Janne,

Your weathering is just so realistic even on a fictitious Si Fi build. Now that's saying something. Just wish you would have included more pictures of your weathering process with the make-up for us shall we say "challenged" modelers when it comes to out of the box thinking.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

I'll make a make up special in my next build.:)

Last touches!

I´m quite happy with Life color matt coat...it really does get flat! I avoid shooting wet coats since they have a tendency to "whiten" so instead I mist on low preassure and watch the surface get flatter for every coat.

IMG_2430_zpsysvdkv3v.jpg

Now then, finall assembly... you´ve prolly wondered why I didn´t attach the guns from the start....well you see, something I learnt when I built the Finemold one was that with the guns in place you couldn´t remove the canopy. If you´ve masked the canopy from the inside and want to add the clear parts later you can´t add then guns :P

So first I hade to take things apart...

IMG_2431_zpsx85tg8ix.jpg

Add the clear parts to the canopy.... (really nice snap fit I have to say)

IMG_2432_zpsx5pzgmk1.jpg

And put the canopy in place...

IMG_2433_zpswclqw3z8.jpg

Then add the guns :D Done!

IMG_2434_zpsdzbmoz7a.jpg

Now just for the fun of it a few shots to compare it to the Finemolds Speeder!

IMG_2435_zpszws61xap.jpg

IMG_2436_zpsixgi1mdd.jpg

IMG_2437_zpsrmhopl4a.jpg

There, compared to the Finemolds (wich is an astonishingly good kit) it´s better detailed, somewhat larger, narrower canopy and slightly different angles on the wings.

Thanx for all the interest and comments guys :D

There will be a shoot out during the week and the finished product will appear in a Display case forum near you :D

Cheers!

Janne,

I'm not into Si Fi but your build was a real joy to follow, and of course I picked up a few tips, mainly the Vaseline technique, which has a lot going for it compared to the salt method which is more random and harder to control. Of course your weathering procedures are 2nd to none, and the results are very realistic. So now it's time for a real life Jet, which is your comfort zone.

Joel

Very inspiring, Janne! Love the paintjob on your Finemolds speeder, too. I've been comparing Bandai's interior to the 1:1 photo and they did a terrific job at that scale, especially the gunner's pit.

Thanx crackerjazz :D

It's a gem!

Awesome. Love it.

Thanx Bigasshammm :D

Wow Janne, that came out beautifully! The chipping effects are spot on. I may just have to try your method on one of my subjects that requires it. Is there no issue with paint adherence afterwards though? So what's next? Speeder bike?

Thanx MH :D

Nope, no issues...other where I put the vaseline....but that sort of was the point :P

Next I have a backlog to deal with.....stay tuned to the display case and there might be surprises....

\Nope, no issues...other where I put the vaseline....but that sort of was the point :P/>

Next I have a backlog to deal with.....stay tuned to the display case and there might be surprises....

Janne,

Would you care to give us old timers a hint as to the next few from your backlog list? I'm going to take a guess here and say that none have props, and all are real aircraft.

Joel

Janne,

Would you care to give us old timers a hint as to the next few from your backlog list? I'm going to take a guess here and say that none have props, and all are real aircraft.

Joel

'bout a right estimate..... :P

But there may still be surprises in the future. ..

That's a reel cracker Janne. :worship:/>

I'm wondering about the paint scheme, is that from the upcoming movie?

If you have mentioned this in the thread I do apologize.

/Johan

Thanx Johan :D

What Erik said, and it was the only option...other than using stickers :P