Hi mates,seems like Photobucket is not working properly in these days. I'm not able to upload pictures so only one is available for this WIP. HEre is the left sponson witha modified profile and the 2 layers of plasticard in order toproperly match the fuselage solhouette keeping it vertically. The resin sponson has been perforated in order to reduce its weight.

20150825_0742151_zpsulic3rqh.jpg

These could be the materials for the nose radar. A custom tooled sphere made of "delrin" (a plastic material) and made by a friend of mine in a workshop. The tubes are samples of woman parfumes. These materials are very very light.

Cheers

Maurizio

20150825_0743171_zpsm3xwpstk.jpg

Starting the interiors with stirene strips. I've found the the interior ribs are not perforated. Only a couple of them are and are located close the tail

20150821_181712_zpsj7uuobvx.jpg

Edited by maurizio
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

HI there,

the only update is the care of the external surface of the fuselages. I've made a perfect smooth surface on the external fuselages using Gunze Liquid putty and grey Tamiya primer. I need a perfect surface for the rivetting job.

I'm going to finish some kits in order to have enough space for the Pelikan inside my window.

Thanks

Maurizio

• 8 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, Chhuey said:

Mauricio looks like My photos are noy showing how do you upload now in the new looking forum :(

Hi Chhuey,

the pics are visible by me with Explorer and Mozilla. I've uploaded them using the "choose files" option.

Dscf1647_zpscrzx0l71.jpgI've modified the central consolle. It is not identical to the real chopper consolle but it will be invisible at the end so I can live with this mistake...

Edited by maurizio

Dscf1644_zpslopj26f5.jpg20160924_211618_zpsaddjcxmv.jpgHere is the radar nose. The black ball has been made by a colleague of mine and it is made of delrin, a plastic material quite similar to PVC but paintable. The cilinder is a parfum sample. Both have the correct dimension in 1/48 scale.

Edited by maurizio
forget the pics
  • 3 weeks later...

As regards the APU exaust, I've decided to remake it from scratch using plasticard, CA glue and bicarbonate of sodium for a strong. I'm going to use my files for a long time in order to give the correct shape of this part!!!

Dscf1642_zpsssrqxz3w.jpgDscf1643_zpsn94i9j6n.jpg20160923_181950_zpspjantbf6.jpg20160923_182002_zpsuwfjcw0j.jpg20160923_181956_zps4c32e20a.jpg