Jump to content

Recommended Posts


















Thanks for the congrats, mates!

These pics are showing the signining lines for a revetting job.They are 90% correct.

Stay Tuned - more pics to come next week.



Edited by maurizio
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work so far! However, it does remain a mystery to me why no other aftermarket resin company (besides of course Attic, which needs to remain in the attic imho) has tackled the Pelican/Jolly Green Giant in 48th? With its' USAF, USCG and even foreign operators, it should be fairly popular. I still have fond memories of the old 72nd Revell version, that along with the CH-54 Tarhe were staples of my early kit building!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...


I have been away from this forum for a while, but was pleasantly surprised to see your build thread!  Remarkable!  I love the USCG livery and have long wanted todo an HH3F  conversion!  Your step by step thread is the perfect guide!  I too have only1 Hasegawa kit.  I have attempted to get an Attic Resin kit without success...  Funds are non-existent currently to purchase a second kit.  I look forward to additional updates!



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...






Thanks mates for your comments.

Here is the last addiction, the Quickbook seats. Much better than original....

I'm very slow on this project since I would finish some more in order not to have a lot of opened projects and boxes around.... time to time something new is coming out ....



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Don,

many thanks for your comment.  Sponsons are from Attic conversion. I saved them from trash can since they are still workable (not 100% accurate). You can see the new rear edges I made making them sharper.

I made those holes for made them lighter in weight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the Attic lower part of the fuselage is not straigh I must use the kit piece, a piece of plasticard and only the very rear part of Attic resin conversion. I add some plasticard pieces for strengh the entire piece. I used CA glue with Soda Carbonate for gluing the interiors. It is very strong.

20181029_201905 - Copia.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The HH-3 rotor head differs from the Sea King one. No folding blade capability and some "weights" are added. I added some plasticard pieces and sandpapered to the wanted shape. 


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...