who is Kinetic/Skunk Work Model's importer to the USA

I was asking my buddy who works at Hobby Works about the Skunk Works F-16XL and he told me he cant get Kinetic/Skunk Work Models anymore. I looked at Stevens Hobbies and Squadrons and noticed they don't even list them in the manufactures area.

Anyone know??

Habu2,

I do a lot of business with Luckymodel. The probable reason you had a New Jersey address was because the customs boys had to check your "goods" for contraband! 90% of my stuff from Luckymodel gets to go to New Jersey, opened, inspected, and repackaged. Maybe 20% gets damaged. Does the address come from Secaucus, NJ? Then it's the Feds checking your stuff. It goes from Hong Kong, to New Jersey, and then half way back across the country where I get it. And good luck on getting them to repay any damage!!

Afoxbat

Yes, it was from Secaucus.. Guess I was in the lucky 80% bracket, my kit seemed no worse for the wear. I ordered a second kit a few weeks later and it came straight from Hong Kong, no detours.

I guess the MIB have added another page to my file..... :rolleyes:

Don't know actual shipper because the packaging was all new - courtesy of the Fed. They usually, ( but not always ), repacked them well; hence the 20% damage rate. When I get the goods direct from Lucky Model, they packed it GREAT and it came China Post. Have NEVER been hit with brokerage or custom fees.- ever! Lucky model has been highly reliable . Very competitive prices but the shipping can sometimes nail you! You also have the option with Lucky Model to claim low value on the customs.

Best of luck,

Afoxbat

did luckymodels ship your kits via DHL and did u guys get dinged with brokerage/customs fees? as well, how did they pack the kits?

wondering bc i have an incoming kit from them

i'm from canada also, and i've ordered stuff from lucky models tens of times without any fuss.(kits, tools, paints, aftermarket items...) they mostly use RoyalMail and DHL, and never had to pay any extra fees. NEVER.

i'm from canada also, and i've ordered stuff from lucky models tens of times without any fuss.(kits, tools, paints, aftermarket items...) they mostly use RoyalMail and DHL, and never had to pay any extra fees. NEVER.

Same here it come in canada post.

Pakaging is always great. And if yoy order a kit and alclad they will hide the alclad in the kit.

Also note no custom fee apply to hobby goods in canada no mater where you order them

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, thanks for all the info.. i saw them last week but ive been way too busy to sit down and reply til now.

my kit from Lucky Model arrived in perfect condition (im very anal about my kits being damaged) and there werent any custom/brokerage fees just like ya said!

very happy with my purchase and will purchase from them again and recommend to others!

thanks Raymond and Lucky Models!