Some 2015 NATs pictures

I have returned from my second NATs, my first being last year. It was a fun road trip, I live in Virginia and we ended up dining twice at my new favorite place to eat at on the road, Eat n' Park, and visited IdleWild park on the way home.

I went to the USAF museum 2 years ago, so I did not need to go again this year.

Any way, I tried my best to get some pictures. The lighting presented a bit of a challenge, and there were so many models, I tried to spend more time looking, and took pictures of models I felt were very well built, or the subject matter appealed to me

I really liked this ID models B-47

IMGP7630-vi.jpg

and this KC-10

IMGP7631-vi.jpg

And I have never seen a built RF-101B, but there were two nice ones on the table, here is one of them

IMGP7640-vi.jpg

and one really cool model, this F-111B prototype

IMGP7657-vi.jpg

Any way, my pictures are on fotki

Edited by Kurt H.

That KC-10 was one of my favorites for sure.

I'll have to upload to pbucket and see what I've got.

http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/bigasshammm/library/nationals%202015

Focused on what I enjoy so there's not much aircraft or armor pics sorry. Favorites were the KC-10, the two 1/48 B-29s, the mighty eighth display, another club display of 1/48 heavy bombers, and the shadow boxes in the back corner were freaking incredible.

Edited by Bigasshammm

That KC-10 was really cool looking. I didn't take hardly any pics, I just liked looking at all the models. Wasn't too many helos though. I did like the CG H-60 and the 82nd Airborne Cobra. Those were sharp!

My wife told me on the way home that she saw alot of nerdy old men there! I guess she's married to an old nerdy modeling man!

Tim

My wife said the same thing when we were driving in. We were on the corner trying to find where to park and I said this must be it. She said "yep I see a bunch of nerdy old men." I said sorry. Lol

How funny also that they had another convention of women selling handbags at the same time on Saturday. Couldn't have been more polar opposite.

Edited by Bigasshammm

The B-47 wasn't scratchbuilt- it was a vac. I.D. Models I believe. My Dad and I rode the elevator up with the gentleman that was bringing her in. I agree- that and the KC-10 were very nicely done. Spruemeister, is the KC-10 yours?

I stand corrected. I zoomed in on the original picture, it does indeed say ID Models. I guess I saw the line "Cockpit completely scratch built" and thought "completely scratch built" Regardless, starting with a basic vac like that requires a huge amount of work to look that good. :thumbsup:

I will fix the original post.

Edited by Kurt H.