Was there a 2015 IPMS Nationals decal sheet this year?

I saw it, another one from TwoBobs, $8 I think at the info desk. There was an A-7 and another disassociated thing or two... I put it back, just seemed thrown together in haste and random.

The sheet that Sprue Bros. gave away now, that was fabulous - the newest release from Vagabond Decals with two profiles for both 72nd and 48th E-2 Hawkeyes from VAW-123, Cartograph no less and a great reference guide included too.

I saw it, another one from TwoBobs, $8 I think at the info desk. There was an A-7 and another disassociated thing or two... I put it back, just seemed thrown together in haste and random.

The sheet that Sprue Bros. gave away now, that was fabulous - the newest release from Vagabond Decals with two profiles for both 72nd and 48th E-2 Hawkeyes from VAW-123, Cartograph no less and a great reference guide included too.

Just FYI neither of our sheets were "just thrown together". What you were looking at was the some of the few sheets left over from the '09 convention we were selling. It consisted of a A-7 Corsair from Rickenbacker AFB, A USNR F6F Hellcat from NAS Columbus, and a OHANG P-51D from the Toledo area.

As far as this years TV-1 Shooting Star was a USNR NAS Columbus aircraft as well as the F4U Corsair. We wanted to include some armor this time so we looked hard and thought of what there was somewhat of a vacuum for. (I don't know anything about armor so I went with what the armor guys wanted) Being that the convention was held in Columbus, Ohio I fail to see how you can use the term 'disassociated' withe the subject matter we chose.

As Jason mentioned, no A-7 on this year's sheet, so... FG-1D Corsair and TV-1 Shooting Star from USNR at NAS Columbus, and WWII D-Day Armor and Vehicle markings. And as mentioned, the hosting club are the ones who choose the subjects for the Nats decal sheet, and they're usually VERY topical to either a specific date, anniversary of a major event, or related to the local area. I've never seen ANY Nats decal sheet that was "thrown together in haste and random," especially considering the lead time to draw the art, get the sheets printed, and get instructions manufactured for the sheet.

Nats%20Sheet%201_zpsew5zvr51.jpg

Nats%20Sheet%203_zpsbcubwpb2.jpg

Nats%20Sheet%202_zpseliq723i.jpg

Nats%20Sheet%205_zpspwdgwcsn.jpg

Nats%20Sheet%204_zpslwcs6km2.jpg

Also, don't forget this, A Boeing Clipper:

IMG_3373_zpsuydimthy.jpg

It came in a sealed bag without instruction and decals in the shopping bag along with the NATS decal. I think it's a 1/144, Airfix(?), year(?). I was surprise about the freebee as well as the nice details of the kit. Although the lines are raise, they are very fine, and the rivets are excellent. Now where does one get the decals for this?

Triet

I liked this year's decal sheet! I managed to score a 1/72nd Tamiya F4U-1D with all sorts of resin and PE to use these decals on. Now I'm on the prowl for a 72nd F-80C (TV-1).

Was the 2009 sheet just 1/48th scale?

Also, don't forget this, A Boeing Clipper:

IMG_3373_zpsuydimthy.jpg

It came in a sealed bag without instruction and decals in the shopping bag along with the NATS decal. I think it's a 1/144, Airfix(?), year(?). I was surprise about the freebee as well as the nice details of the kit. Although the lines are raise, they are very fine, and the rivets are excellent. Now where does one get the decals for this?

Triet

When did they run out of those?