1/48 scale Su-27UB from Hobby Boss

Famed Indonesian modeller Alex Sidharta has just sent me this photo.....

trumpeter 48 su-27ub.jpg

It is, apparently, scaled up from the Trumpeter 1/72 scale version - with improvements.

This is a sample boxing sent to his friend - so that's all I know about it.

He promised to take more photos soon.....

Happy Flankering!

Ken

Editted to change title from Trumpeter to Hobby Boss on request

Edited by Flankerman

I can understand your "feelings" about Trumpeter...but lets have the "hole picture" first...

Yes, but check out those Archers :crying2:/> my hart sunk :crying2:/>

Edited by Petarvu

Oh my GOD!

Finally, they are coming. I have been waiting 5 years for these models.

I thought they were going to come from Hobbyboss but whatever... As long as they are better than Academy (which is not that hard to achieve) I am extremely happy and buying all the versions :D

J-16, J-11B, J-15.... Su-35 maybe... so excited.

It's about time. I would have never thought to see them released in my lifetime :yahoo:

Although I have amassed 9 Academy/Eduard Flankers already I will buy at least one single and double seater just to see how they compare to their Korean counterpart.

Edited by Shorty84

Oh my GOD!

Finally, they are coming. I have been waiting 5 years for these models.

I thought they were going to come from Hobbyboss but whatever... As long as they are better than Academy (which is not that hard to achieve) I am extremely happy and buying all the versions :D/>

J-16, J-11B, J-15.... Su-35 maybe... so excited.

this is great news and I too am hoping for the chinese company to make a chinese version of the jet, Im surprised there are not conversion or decal kits out there, I bought the yufei mao conversion parts for the academy, but still haven't built anyting

Other than the oddly angled main gear bays, was there much else to nitpick on their 1/72 kit??

Aside from the main landing gear openings being angled incorrectly, the LERX are a little off, as was the stinger on the early variant.

Regards,

Other than the oddly angled main gear bays, was there much else to nitpick on their 1/72 kit??

Whilst largely accurate, I have always had a problem with the two seat version. I am not a rivet counter, so please hear me out. The canopy shape on the two seat version seems wrong in shape to me. It almost seems as though they have scaled down the "corrected" canopy from the 1/32 two seater, which is itself a botched copy of Zactoman's canopy. Zactoman and Yufei's correct canopy are perfect in tms of shape to my eye; The trumpeter version is too fat around the backseat area. Their single seater is pretty accurate shape wise. Maybe I am wrong? Perhaps a better modeller than I can check this.

Edited by dryguy