1/48 scale Su-27UB from Hobby Boss

Free enterprise? Wow that is so romantic! Next argument will be democracy..? free speech? or putin's love to tigers?

There is a buy/sell section for a reason.

Also, you cannot even see that bit of the Su-27 model. Are the Hasegawa F-4s "comical" because they do not have the full intakes? Get real.

Jesus Christ man. What a silly thing to get your pants in a bunch over. I bet you didn't react to this kind of thing at all. (Sorry Paul, just the first example that came to mind. I am fine with it :P) I am sure you are actually butt hurt over me pointing out mistakes in HB kit (god forbid!) and not my "advertisement". Would it have been much different if i had it in signature? Yet we see that kind of thing all the time and no one cares. I didnt even think much of it, i just added it later on. Jeez.

But, this is nothing new - it's apparently the same problem from the 1/32 kit and the 1/72 Su-27UB kit so it's not really necessary to go through all this discussion again - the problem is there, but it's up to the prospective buyers to decide how bothered they are with it.

Yup. I am just pointing out existence of these mistakes, if people buy or don't buy the kit i couldnt care less, i really couldn't.

Edited by Berkut

So,

The long awaited quarter scale Flanker from Trumpeter/Hobby Boss does not meet expectations. Very disappointing.

Now, what I would like to know is how fuselages - and eventually canopies - compare with the old Academy parts.

Best,

Edited by galfa

Raymond Chung (Kinetic) answer to my question about releasing a finally accurate 1/48 Flanker instead of another Hornet follows:

"I can tell you that the option for Flanker will have more choice then Hornet in the coming 2-3 years from all markers in China."

Raymond Chung (Kinetic) answer to my question about releasing a finally accurate 1/48 Flanker instead of another Hornet follows:

"I can tell you that the option for Flanker will have more choice then Hornet in the coming 2-3 years from all markers in China."

Good to know!

I very much hope so.

Su-27 is arguably the most popular Russian plane. It is very widely used and have many interesting variants but we have only a mediocre model from Academy. Especially in Chinese market it will probably be an all time top seller. It plays both F-15 and f-18 roles for China so it has to be very popular.

Su-27 is arguably the most popular Russian plane... Especially in Chinese market it will probably be an all time top seller. It plays both F-15 and f-18 roles for China so it has to be very popular.

I'd say that the Flanker family is the modern days Spitfire family: I think that even people who aren't aviation enthusiasts like Flankers... it's a wow aircraft. I'm pretty sure that numerous Chinese modellers (ARC member supertomcat21 for example) are Flanker flanatics.

I can't imagine that GWH won't do one, after all, look at the success they had with their MiG-29 series.

I'd love to see the sales figures to confirm... perhaps the retoolings (MiG-29 but also F-15) delayed break even but we'll never know...

Edited by Laurent

I'd say that the Flanker family is the modern days Spitfire family: I think that even people who aren't aviation enthusiasts like Flankers... it's a wow aircraft. I'm pretty sure that numerous Chinese modellers (ARC member supertomcat21 for example) are Flanker flanatics.

I'd love to see the sales figures to confirm... perhaps the retoolings (MiG-29 but also F-15) delayed break even but we'll never know...

Seriously, most of other companies would rather die than updating their molds. What GWH did cannot be cheap.